Imagine #39: Shopaholic

I remember hinting about this one a while ago. Anyone remembers??? ;) Anyway, this one's for my cool new friend Fahmida. Hope ya like it sista! :D

*** 

"Hey Kenny! I want a new dress. Can we go shopping?" I asked my boyfriend of two and a half years. He looked up from his shoes. "Hmm?"

"I wann go shopping!"

"Sure! Come on." He said standing up and pulling me along. He grabbed the car keys from the coffee table and sprinted out to the porch.

"Wait, wait, wait!"

"What?"

"What were you thinking of? Up there?"

"Need a new pair of Vans." He smiled.

"What colour?" I smiled back, rolling my eyes and getting in.

"Grey." He said buckling his seat-belt.

AT THE MALL 

Gosh. This kid is mad. Sorry. Did I say 'kid'? I meant my crazy boyfriend. He looks at a dress, takes it out, shakes his head, and then puts it back in. Its been the same for the past seven dresses.

"Baby, why don't we just check out some tops, please? We can see the dresses later." I told him.

He smiled, and then grabbed my hand and dragged me across the floor to another shop. He grabbed a bunch of tops and short-shorts and handed them to me.

I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Come on, baby! Try 'em out. For me? Please?" He stuck out his bottom lip. I laughed and went into the dressing room. He followed me inside. I gave him a 'Really Kendall?' look. He laughed and kissed my cheek and went out to wait.

One by one, I modeled each outfit out for him. Every time, he'd run his hand through his hair and let out a whistle, making me giggle.

In the end, we got a pair of light grey short-shorts with a purple top, a light blue top with navy blue shorts, a white top and a sea green top with pale blue short-shorts. Then we browsed through dresses and jumpers and pull-overs and stuff. He selected a knee-length black dress with a sparkly torso and also a pale peach dress that fell to my toes. Then moving on to the jumpers, he got me a white one with a really nice flowery grey pattern on the shoulder and a brown one that looked like it was inside out, but wasn't. He knows those are my favourite kind. He got two tee-shirts for himself as well. Plus, another pair of jeans too. And a black leather jacket.

Honeslty the look on the cashier's face was unforgettable.

"You're gonna buy all these?" She asked over the top of the cloth pile.

"Is there a problem with that?" Kendall asked sweetly. Not the sarcasm here.

I tried to restrain my laughter, but every now and then a little chuckle escaped my lips. Kendall had a strained face too.

We walked out ladden with bags. "All done? Happy?" He asked, laughing. I giggled. "Yeah, I'm happy. But what about your Vans?"

"Haha. Okay, lets go." Moving towards the escalator to the next floor.

"Wait!" I stopped him. "What?" He asked looking around. I nodded at the bags in our arms. "Maybe we should drop these off in the car?"

"Maybe." He joked. I laughed and shook my head. We went all the way down to the car and back. "I'm exhausted." He said punching the elevator button. "Me too." I said leaning against him. We rested agains the walls of the elevator as we rode up, and in no time, that dork was singing.

"Elevate a little higher!" I laughed and stumbled over to kiss the dimple in his cheek. The doors slid open and people piled in. Kendall blushed and we filed out and walked over to get the shoes.

After about 30 minutes, and trying out atleast ten different pairs, we walked out wih the five best pairs of Vans they had (black, spotted, grey, red,navy blue), along with a pair of black sandals, and one with black and blue heels and a pair of brown knee-length ones with a little pattern of flowers and the ankle.

As we loaded all the things into the car and as we took them back to sort them out, I realized something.We shop...a little too much for normal people.

"Baby, I know what you're thinking. And, yes we are shopaholic. A little too much." His voice interrupted.

"A little?!" I freaked looking at the dresses and tops and shoes. He laughed and came over and hugged me. Arms wrapped tightly around each other, he said -

"Maybe a little less next time?" He looked down at me. I considered for a moment and looked up at him. He seemed to be thinking too. We looked at each other and shook our heads.

"Nah!"

---------------------------------------------------------------- 

Tell me what you think! :)