Two weeks

"Hey Joseph, I'm sorry I've called you at such a late hour but I-" Caspian began saying before being cut off by a voice on the other end of the phone.

"don't worry I wasn't asleep anyways. Alyssa has her friends over and I can't get sleep for shit when all I hear is giggles and how her friends think I'm soooooo cute". The voice replied

Caspian stayed silent for a moment "wow okay, sounds like you're busy" he giggled "no, but seriously, I called you because my mom and dad are leaving tomorrow for what they deemed their 'summer vacay' and I didn't want to be home alone.  I wanted to see if I could stay  the two weeks they're going to be away with you"  There was a pause for a moment before Caspian continued to speak. "Well, only if that's okay with you and if you'd actually want to spend two long weeks with my annoying ass".

"Hell yeah! if you want, I can pick you up tonight. I've got nothing better to do except listen to not so silent whispers about me through these paper-thin walls..." Joseph said.

Joseph, one of the most charming guys in the school. No girl could resist his messy dark brown hair and glossy brown eyes that didn't even need sunlight to make them look like a pot of honey. he was tall, funny, a straight A student but also had a "bad boy" side to him. He's almost the typical cliché love interest of every movie or book ever. Then there is Caspian. He's a 5'4 bleach blonde pile of bones stuck with the humor he developed in middle school. He's had a few relationships before. Maybe a girl who pitied him here, maybe a guy who needed a better taste in men there, but no one seemed to fawn over Caspian like they do Joseph... poor Caspian. but we aren't here to shit on him.

"Thank god, I'll pack my stuff and maybe I'll" Caspian paused before whispering "bring my bottle of y'know what" 

there was a loud and long "yeeeeeeaaaah" from Joseph end confirming the bottle is to be brung. Caspian said his good bye's and hung up the phone. his room was a mess and he's about to leave for two weeks so he might as well clean while packing his bags. he picked up his phone and went onto YouTube. "Music is a great way to get in the mood for cleaning, should I listen to Gorillaz orrrr... Yeah Gorillaz" he said as he typed in Stylo into the search bar. he clicked the song and began to pick up his room and pack.

About an hour later after picking up his room, packing his bags and getting out the cheap bottle of vodka he hid away he was ready for joseph to pick him up. He picked up his phone and paused his music to make the call to joseph. "sixty-four..sss..eighty-nine..fii.." he mumbled the first few numbers to himself almost incoherently before realizing his dumbass has Joseph saved as a contact. he rolled his eyes at himself and swiped over to his contacts and clicked the contact "big dude" it rung for a moment then a someone picked up "hey ally who's the snack that smiles back in joseph's phone?" a voice spoke. Very faintly Caspian could hear another voice say "I don't know, ask my brother who's phone you're snooping through. I don't know what you see in him. he's so stinky and weird."

"Who are you exactly" Caspian asked the girl talking to him on Joseph's phone.

He could hear giggles coming from the other end of the phone followed by whispers going around saying "it's a boy?!" and "I wonder if he's as hot as Joseph...". Caspian's face scrunched back as he heard what was being said before realizing he ISN'T as hot as joseph and has nothing to fear. 

"I'm Rowan, and who are you?" the girl said.

Caspian sighed. "I'm Josephs's best friend, now hand him the phone or I'll tell him you think he's cute" He replied. He knew joseph already heard what they had been saying but they didn't.

Caspian waited as the girl snuck into the hallway and to Joseph's door where she slid the phone under and ran.

"that's where it went" a husky voice said getting closer. Joseph looked at the phone and noticed there was a call going to his 'contact the snack that smiles back' "Hey Casper! I hope whatever they said to you wasn't too traumatic" Joseph snorted "Did you call or did they call you?" 

"I called, I'm ready for you to pick me up and free me from my boredom" said Caspian.

there was a slight giggle from Joseph's end "Alright I'll come get you, I just need to sneak past my sister and her goons"

"I personally think that goons is the wrong label" Caspian added "they're more like henchmen... henchwomen? yeah henchwomen".

"Whatever they are, they'll try and stop me in the hall if they hear me leave the room so you have to be quiet" Joseph added.

Caspian rolled his eyes and smiled "I'm glad you're self-aware people want your attention and that you're good looking"

Joseph cocked his head "Well, I don't know what people see in me but I am aware people want my attention often, a little too often". 

Caspian scoffed "You have to be lying, of course you know what people see in you. You have pretty eyes, a nice smile, nice hair and like everything I don't" 

"Do you know this because you find me cute too or..." Joseph started to ask before being cut off by a burning red Caspian.

"It's just an obvious thing anyone can recognize, nothing else."

Caspian's cheeks burned hotter as he thought about Josephs question. Does he find him attractive? Maybe, but a straight man can identify an attractive man without having feelings right? Caspian shrugged the thought off and continued waiting for Joseph to make it out of the house quietly.

Finally, the sound of Josephs front door opening broke the silence followed by joseph's voice. "Alright I'm going to head your way so be ready for when I get there, Your neighborhood is scary when its dark" .

Caspian rolled his eyes at josephs comment and smiled. "Okay, I'll be outside waiting for your majesty to arrive" 

As he ended the call he grabbed his things and made his way outside onto the porch to wait for joseph.