Nico di Angelo

When Hazel had questioned me about the journal, I was kind of caught off-guard. I'd used like, over fifty drachmas (don't ask where I got them) just to avoid having a conversation with Reyna or Will about it. I even told Percy to convince them to leave me be, so I hope he did. Besides that, I expected Hazel, at least, to respect that it was mine.

Anyways, after that gods-forsaken class ended, I went back to my room and plopped onto my bed, unable to get anything but the journal out of my mind. I mean, I had written some pretty harsh things, and about some delicate topics. It's not like I still have the issues I did when writing it, but y'know. Will would probably be disappointed or something if he knew that I hadn't searched for any help, like, at all.

I lay my head on my pillow, staring at the ceiling and thinking about how the conversation would go when I ran out of drachmas to spend on avoiding it. I decided to sleep on it.

😴Later. . .

I awaken to Piper on an Iris Message. She was watching me sleep, like what the hell?!

"... what in the name of Hades..?" I groaned, covering my eyes with my arms.

"Hi, good afternoon. I heard that you had a journal..?" Oh my gods.

"Fuck off. 'M not in the mood, and it isn't the time."

"No. You're gonna listen to me, and you're gonna pay attention." Damn that girl and her charm-speak. "Anyways..." The girl brought my journal to the screen, "You're really stupid, not looking for some help."

Ugh.. who was she, Will Solace?! I swear, that's what he would've said. She flipped through the pages, "Insomnia and... those other thoughts are things that you shouldn't have kept to yourself. I'm going to take an educated guess here and say that you sleep now, seeing as I just sat, watching you do so for the past twenty minutes. I might have to talk to the others, though. I mean, Reyna and Will already know by now, they gave me this thing and sent me to speak to you actually. They said that they couldn't get through to you, but be glad that they couldn't, because they are like, ultimately worried. Literally, Reyna was fuming, and Will could barely stand looking at this."

Oh, well now I felt bad. Why didn't I burn that thing again? ... oh yeah, I lost it. Well, I was screwed. I'd known that since they brought the damned book up in the first place, but I was seriously so done for. They were never gonna let me live it down! Why did I have to do this to myself?!

"I'm sorry, Piper." I sat up, deciding to look at the floor instead of whatever emotion her eyes expressed. She spoke once more before I could continue,

"It's fine, Nico.. we're all worried sick, though! You'd left without telling quite a few of us, and then we find this journal. Thank the gods you put dates on those pages, or we would've thought this was a current issue. We all want to help you, Neeks, but we can't if you don't tell us anything. Please, don't keep things like what's in this darn book-journal thing to yourself. We're here for you, got it?"

I looked up to see a small, caring smile on her face, and a tear track down her right cheek. Fucking— now I felt terrible. Ugh, feelings

"I didn't mean to make you cry, Piper, and I don't—"

There was a knock at the door, "Hello? I'm coming in, you better be decent!" Leo called as he attempted to turn the locked doorknob. Instead of walking away, the petite boy had done what he would've on any other occasion; he picked the lock with a random piece of metal he'd found and stepped in like the guy he was, "Dinner, man! Oh, hey Piper, you—" He took notice of her face, "Oh. Well, uh, um.. backtracking! Uh.. come eat dinner when you're done, bye!"

And he scurried off. Piper coughed, "Well, you go eat; I should probably do the same. Remember to stay safe, Nico. Please."

"Okay, thanks. Bye, Piper."

"Bye." She waved, ending the IM. I left to get some dinner. Woo; today sucked.

—————————————————————
Heya people! Hope y'all are staying safe!
Sorry that this chapter took awhile to get out; had literally NO inspiration (plus I wasn't in the mood anyways {sorry}—)! 😰

Sorry that this chap might've been boring! As a few of you know, I had joined yet another fandom, BNHA, like a month ago & have EXPLODED with ideas for that instead. 😅
So yeah; sorry for all that lol!

♥️ Thank you for all the support! ♥️