Encounters with a bully

Everyone has to agree, at some point, that we live in a society consumed by violence. The funny part is that the people of the same society, who are suffering from this brutality, believe that brutal force is the only way to stop it. At first, even Amir believed that but after a couple of events he realised how wrong he was.

15th January 2020, was the day when it all began. The sky was covered by thick black clouds, with rain pounding down. Amir was sitting on the window-sill, of his room, from where he stared at the obscuring view outside the window. His chest heaved and fell with each breath he took.

" It's enough. I've had enough!" he sobbed as he turned towards his father while they both exchanged glances.

His father shook his head in dismay and declared in a sombre manner, " Son, it is clear that to get rid of a bully; you must confront him head-on which you will, at one point or another."

Finding no other way, Amir nodded in approval. They spoke at length to discuss what he had to do.

The next morning, during the break, Amir was carrying his lunch to the table when suddenly someone pounded Amir's lunch; as a result, the food spilt on his shirt. He knew who the culpable person was: the person who strikes the peace out of Amir's life as well as from his dreams - Bashir. Bashir, who was the most ferocious bully in the school, was a stout kid with freckles on his skin. Amir's face had flushed red with his upper lip shivering, and his eyes settled on Bashir in a flat, unblinking way. Amir fired off saying all that he felt about Bashir. Bashir felt a wave of emotions sweeping over him - shame, sadness, regret all at once - while Amir, breathing heavily, was confused about who the person in front of him was as he had not anticipated something like this. One thing is certain that he knew that he had to finish all of this non-sense with a single blow, so he raised his arm to fend off a fist that smashed on the bully's face. Unfortunately for Amir, Bashir was unshaken by his frail punch. The bully slapped Amir with a vicious force that sent him reeling across the room. Before going away, Bashir warned Amir to never do such a thing ever again. On the way back Amir thought about how his words affected the bully which had made him wonder if words we're the answer to all his worries.

17th January 2020, today was the day when the two collide again. One for his peace while the other for his broken respect. In the afternoon, when the school was over, Amir took slow, deliberate steps, he felt his heart about to pounding hard out of his chest and his limbs started to shake as he stood in front of the bully. In an attempt to save his life, he spoke nervously but after every single word he became more determined of himself. He said, what was all true; he said what not only he bit everyone felt about the bully; he said the reason why the bully had no friends. Moments later, everyone there witnessed what was considered to be a turn of events: one of the person crying while the other walking away knowing that he taught the nuisance a lesson that he will never forget
When Amir came home, he told his father about his mighty tale. The gazed each other once more but this time with a smile. Later that night Amir thought to himself, " The mixture of amazement and relief on my father's face is something I will always remember."