1010

The ultimate punishment from the Devil, worse than hell, a curse in mortal life, put on you without an explanation.

Sleep was her obsession. That's all she wanted to do. So he deprived her of sleep. That hunger that she couldn't fulfill with food or alcohol or pills, it could be filled with something else.

Her six year old is hiding in the kitchen under the sink, surrounded by chemicals and leaking pipes. Drip. Drip. He's scared. "Mommy, what's wrong?"

Time is running out.

Loud whispers clog her senses. Is it possible? Is this all she has to do to make it stop? "Sam? Sam, where are you?" He opens the cabinet, peering around and he looks up. His mother is hovering over him, her face the most twisted it's ever been.

She leads him out, assuring his safety as he ignores her discombobulation. She wipes his shaken tears away. She combs his wet hair back with her fingers, then a smirk. "You're really sweaty, aren't you? It's time for a bath," she laughs, picking him up. "Mommy will be back. I'm going to get your soap. Get in the tub."

He gets in the tub and lets the faucet's clear juice circle him.

She comes back with the bottle and pours it into the tub. It swirls around. "Pour more it's not making bubbles, mommy."

She pours more acid into the tub. Cries are drowned. A corpse. The acid cooks the skin like lighter fluid with a rib. "I can only eat it if it's well done."

Ø
I now see how horrifying humans really are. I now understand why this curse was put on her. She never experiences tribulations or bumps in the road. Her *willingly* oversleeping was threatening the balance of the sun and moon.

ESPAÑOL