Jaunedice

Y/N POV

I woke up on my bed next to the girl and as I looked up, Lily was already awake reading something.

Y/N: What are you reading?

Lily: Oh, you're awake. This is a journal that was with that kid. It's...very graphic about the torture she's been through. She wrote all this when she was trapped. Starving her to burning to much, much worse.

Y/N: Wow. I'm glad she's out of that place.

I looked at the girl and she looked peaceful. I looked at the clock and it was about noon.

Y/N: It's about lunchtime.

Lily: You're right.

Lily closes her book and looks at me.

lily: How bout you stay with the kid while I go get us something to eat?

Y/N: Okay. Get something for the kid too. She must be really hungry after being starved.

Lily: Yeah.

She left the room and shortly after she left, the girl woke up.

Girl: Wh-where am I?

She looked around and her eyes landed directly on me. She slowly backed up against the wall as she cowered in fear.

Y/N: Hey. I'm not gonna hurt you. I got you out of that White Fang base.

I put my hand on her head and she knew I was friendly. She was on her knees as she got over to me and she hugged me. She started to tear up. Soon Lily got back with some food.

Y/N: Hey, Lily.

She smiled and looked at the girl. She kneeled down towards her and gave her some food wrapped in a bag.

Lily: Take it. It's yours. You're hungry, right?

The girl hesitantly took the bag and unwrapped it. She started to eat her food. Lily sat on her bed and decided to speak.

Lily: Are you okay if we ask you some questions?

She nodded her head.

Lily: First off, what's your name?

Girl: K-kitsune.

Y/N: That's a pretty name, Kitsune.

Kitsune: T-thank you.

Y/N: I'm Y/N and this is my teammate, Lily.

Lily: Ok. Next, how old are you?

Kitsune: 8.

Y/N: How long were you stuck in that base for?

Kitsune: Umm...I think 4 months?

Lily: What happened to your parents?

Kitsune looked troubled at that questions.

Kitsune: I...never met my parents.

Reiko POV

I was in the lunchroom with Sapphire, Team RWBY, and Team JNPR. Nora was telling a story, Blake was reading, Weiss, was looking at her nails. Ruby and Yang was paying attention to the story, I was sharpening my weapon, and Sapphire was spacing out.

Nora: So...There we were...In the middle of the night...

Ren: It was day...

Nora: We were surrounded by Ursai.

Ren: They were Beowolves.

Nora: DOZENS OF THEM!

Ren: Two of'em