Chapter 1 (Finding my way)

I looked outside of my window, rain started to fall heavier and heavier. I wondered if I could actually do it. If I could actually get in line early enough to buy the new MIRA Corp supercomputer. Maybe I will. Tomorrow is the big day, where the computer is finally released in the shops. I will probably have to leave around 5:00 AM to get there on time. There are about 2000 models in shop right now. If I can’t get one now, then I won’t ever again. These computers are amazing. High quality HD screen. HD quality speakers. High speed and new updates for Offices and Search Engines. The best part about this amazing computer…. Is it reads minds? I looked at the pamphlet I held in my hand. I… I can’t believe it. I ran downstairs to the kitchen.  My mom was making breakfast. “Ah… Zero, you’re finally down for breakfast”. She smiled and looked up from her cutting board. “Yea… It smells good”. I said. My sister walked beside mom and snatched a piece of bacon. “Tyra! No bacon, not until it’s on your plates understand?” Mom hit her in the head lightly with the spatula. Tyra was eighteen almost nineteen. She will turn nineteen in May. She had black hair cut to her ears and parted bangs. Her eyes were blue just like mine and moms.  I will never know if they looked like dad’s…. We lost him when we were five and two. “Guess what I just learned, mum...” I began. “What?” Both mum and Tyra asked. “The new MIRA Corp supercomputer can read minds… Isn’t that amazing?!” I jumped up and down. “If I can get one of those computers! Wow wouldn’t that be great”. Tyra stared in boredom. “Read minds? Ha-Ha! You believe that… Wow. It’s just some asshole’s idea of a joke”. She started laughing and Mum couldn’t help but giggle. “It’s true! I will prove it to you when I get that computer!” I stormed out of the room. “I’m worried about him”. Tyra said. Mom sighed. I logged on to my computer. Loading… It said. Loading and loading and loading….. I hate this computer… It’s so slow. I just want the new one. It loads in one simple second. I could hear my sister and her band’s blasting music from the garage. “Here we go...” I took a deep breath. I always asked mom to ask them to shut up, but she thought their music was beautiful. I thought it was racket. My sister started her horrifying lyrics. “I’m blindfolded by the moonlight! It’s such a very pretty sight! Even though I can’t really see it… Because I’m blindfolded by the moonlight… Yeah! I’ve been walking… Down this street… Oh yeah. Filled with horrible misery...” She sang on. God, this song gives me horrible misery. I walked slowly down to the garage. "Tyra!" I shouted. The music stopped. "Yes, Brother?" She called back. "Can you just shut up for a minute and invite your groupy friends back later?" I asked. I heard a groan from the other side of the wall. "I have a questions for you, Brother.... Can you deal with it and go away?" The music came back and I felt like my ears were going to bleed. "Yea! Oh yea! Can you feel me.....? Ooo-hooo! I am walking down this street! Filled with horrible misery". Her voice sounded beautiful, I have to admit. But the music accompanying it just gave me nightmares. I swear, guys... That song was in my nightmare.