FOREWORD

This work is one of the oldest stories I have written since I began doing the craft (which, I think, I'm still trying to improve). This is also close to my heart because this was the first story I planned to publish here when I joined this platform in 2013. 

Before you continue, I have a few things to say...

The story is set after the "End of the World" rumor/hysteria in 2012. This is the time when the Philippines also transitioned from the old curriculum to the K-12 curriculum where teachers are then advised to write the grades in the report cards to be written with black ink. In this story, I kept the red ink for failing grades to keep how things were done in the past. Also, before the release of ML or Mobile Legends in 2016, children in the past played DotA (Defense of the Ancients) which is almost the same as ML only that it can only be played on a desktop PC. Those who didn't own one often went to internet cafes and paid for time to use it. So that's how it worked for us then. 

Regarding the parts, I didn't use the traditional segmentation of this story that is in chapters, I am using a sort of, countdown timer because it fits the story, and I think it serves it well. For the prologue, I used the date 12/21/21. If you're curious why, then you can now dive to the next page.

And one more thing, this story is set in English and still in its editing/polishing phase so read at your own risk.

***

This work may contain scenes and language unsuitable for young and conservative readers. Read at your own risk. 

This work is in its early form; thus, you might find technical errors. If you do, while reading, I would appreciate it if you point them out through your comments.

Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy this story as much as I have enjoyed writing this.

***

Copyright © 2015 © 2020 by Brile San Jose

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and specific other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.