[62.5]

Chapter Sixty-two[5

Chapter Sixty-two
[5.2k+ words]

---.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.---

Crouch's son opened his eyes. His face was slack, his gaze unfocused. Bang knelt before him, so that their faces were level.

"Can you hear me?" Bang asked quietly.
The man's eyelids flickered.

"Yes," he muttered.

These were the last words Jimin, Yuna and Taehyung heard before they collapsed to the ground from exertion that night.

Apparently, later, Bang Shi Hyuk had already written a letter to Sirius on Jimin's behalf while they were asleep in the hospital wing.

(A/N: Had to skip all the convo with Barty Crouch to make the fanfic continue quicker haha sorry but yall probably already know Harry Potter's plot so I though it wasn't as necessary to spend my time copy and pasting their convos from there in here 😳 I wanna get into my plots already ngl but it's slowly building.)

•••

"You three have got to take the rest of your dreamless sleep potion," Haneul said at last after the long silence in the hospital wing. Jimin, Yuna and Taehyung were awake but only sitting in an understanding silence with them.

Namjoon's hand nudged the sack of gold on Jimin's bedside cabinet as he reached for the bottle and the goblet, "You have to get a good long sleep. Try and think about something else for a while... think about what you're going to buy with your winnings, like that."

"I don't want that gold," said Jimin in an expressionless voice. "You have it. Anyone can have it. I shouldn't have won it."

The thing against which he had been fighting on and off ever since he had come out of the maze was threatening to overpower him. He could feel a burning, prickling feeling in the inner corners of his eyes. He blinked and stared up at the ceiling.

"None of you are at fault." Fee whispered but they were dazed.

"You guys will be needing rest." Yoongi said.

Jungkook helped Namjoon with refilling the tea jug.

"I told him to take the cup with us," said Yuna. Now the burning feeling was in her throat too. She wished they'd look away.

Haneul set the potion down on the bedside cabinet, bent down, and put his arms around Yuna. She had no memory of ever being hugged like this before. Once, during their first reunion but the full weight of everything they had seen that night seemed to fall in upon her as Haneul held her. Haneul went and had done the same for Jimin and Taehyung too.

His mother's face, his father's voice, Yuna's cries that night, the sight of Krum, dead on the ground all started spinning in Jimin's head until he could hardly bear it, until he was screwing up his face against the howl of misery fighting to get out of him.

"Jimin, things will be different from now on..." His snakes whispered.