[ 00:04:00 ]

-XVI-

-00:04:00-

Marvin and Jarred turned and faced Rhode after realizing that facing him is inevitable. Rhode stopped leaving a ten-meter space in between them. His mouth opened wide exposing a set of slavering fangs. Inside its moth was another orifice with another set of fangs having another aperture with another set of menacing teeth. It was an endless hole in his face spiraling towards eternal internal emptiness. His mouth started to extend and whatever species, or to whatever kingdom he belonged, he—sure—was performing autophagy, which usually happens on some sort of bacterium. In other words, it is eating itself. The skin on his face loosened as it slowly creeped and spiraled down his mouth. Rhode's eyes popped out and followed the skin which entered or sucked inside the hole—the black hole! It only took a few seconds for the rest of his facial features to follow the fate of the eyes. It twisted and twirled towards his supposed mouth as the hole—the black hole—in it grew wider and wider in diameter. His body swirled down towards the deep center of the spiral as if someone had flushed his image in the commode. Rhode devoured his head into a hole—a black hole—completely in only a fraction of a minute leaving only his lower extremity.

***

Perhaps it was human nature to be appalled and awestruck when confronted by Death. Because Death moves in mysterious ways more than Love does. Sometimes it is highly irrational, terrifying, painful, and sometimes hideous for a human mind to rationalize, like Rhode the black-hole-mouthed Minotaur. Like a black hole—the death of a star. Like the Dissecting Pan. Like Allen's Point—which turned out to be, the ALIEN's Point.

"What the hell is that!?" was the first rational-human-like statement that broke the blood-curdling silence between Jarred, Marvin, and the ever-growing black hole. It was both their question stated simultaneously although both of them were dumbstruck to think so much about who said it.

Marvin tried to communicate to Rhode or to whatever there was left of him, only to receive an eerie emptiness and echoic ringing in his ears.

Jarred looked at Marvin and did the mind-confabulation again saying, There used to be a head in there, you know?

Yep! Sure there had been. But now his head has completely flushed in that cosmic commode, Marvin replied through his head. And that—sure—is a black hole. He thought about the Egyptian gods again. Rhode would have closely resembled the Egyptian god of death Anubis. But he's a different version. Instead of a human-body-having-a-head-of-Jackal god, he is a human-body-having-a-head-of-black-hole god. He added even though it would sound Boinkie and a little Toinkie funnie because it doesn't just agree with Britannica's way of elucidating the idea of a black hole. But it was still a hole that looked pitch black.

A black hole... Jarred started to like the mental transmission of their thoughts. It's a little convenient. Great! Fucking great! And it seems to come closer to us. It—sure—is coming after us! He blurted out as the sucking force of the black hole grew stronger. The black hole abruptly stretched, devoured, and crumpled Rhode the Minotaur at the center of the hole—at the singularity if it was proper to label it with that.

Let's get the fuck out of here! Jarred bellowed as everything in the corridor was pulled in towards the hole.

I was about to say—to think—no... to tell you—mentally—the same thing!

Great! Now follow me!

Where?

I just sense—

Marvin was not able to finish what he wanted to say as the chorus of maddening noises came...