The First Emperor

Hi everyone! I know this is historical fiction, but please give it a chance! Every read/reader means a lot to me... Thank you to my four readers so far <3

The First Emperor is mainly about Shi Huangdi, but it begins before Shi Huangdi was born. So when you see the name Yiren, don't go through the whole story thinking he's the first emperor.

My story isn't very inappropriate but some people are touchy. And it's going to get worse. There's one weird inappropriate part of history that actually happened, but I might not put it into the story.

Also! I will try to stick very closely to actual history, but there are gaps in the history that I have filled in. I have also changed the characters a bit to make them more relatable, so please don't use this story as a study guide of any sort. If you have any questions about the facts of the story, please comment and I will get back to you as soon as possible!

The story is written in third person, but the point of view of certain characters sticks out during different chapters.

Now, you can go ahead and look at Wikipedia to see what happens next in the story, but please don't. It ruins the surprises and you may get confused (because I change the details). However, once you've read a chapter, if you're confused, you can research what's actually happened.

There are some confusing sections, because I have more context than you do. I will try to keep these parts to a minimum, but I've been told the first chapter is a bit confusing.

I'm perfectly willing to put small summaries at the beginning of each chapter, so if you want me to, please comment!

The story starts in Handan, the capital of Zhao. Lü Buwei, a merchant, convinces a Zhao king to give him the Prince of Qin. Prince Yiren of Qin, the "Prince of Qin" I just mentioned, was being held in Zhao to make sure the Qin didn't attack Zhao. If the Qin did attack the Zhao, the Zhao would kill Prince Yiren. Obviously, Qin didn't want to lose their prince (not the crown prince, but still a royal), so they didn't attack the Zhao. The Qin were not hostile towards the Zhao, but Prince Yiren assured that the Qin would not break their armistice with the Zhao.

I've attached a picture of China during the time period written about at the beginning of the story (Creds to Wikipedia!).

Also a huge thanks to @QueenOfPurgatory for making this amazing cover for me. <3

History is confusing. Enjoy!