chapter one.

renjun.

"renjun sweetie, are you going to the school trip?", the woman said, putting the plate in front of her little kid.

"is erin going to be there?", the small boy asked with hopeful eyes. the mother smiled warmly and nodded. "then i will go!", the boy said enthusiastically and started to eat his food.

huang renjun, the boy was from china yet he lived in south korea, 7 years old.

he was...unique. from early age he found it hard to talk to people, to feel comfortable with other. he was extremly shy and introverted, but he was indeed a sweet and warm boy if you could get on his good side. still, the people that were able to get him to feel comfortable around them would be his family, and erin.

erin was in his class and also in his ballet lessons, she was a kind and fun girl to be around, the only kid renjun actually talked to. she was very understanding even if they were the same age, her environment made her like that.

the thing is that both of the kids were always together, erin listening to renjun's rambling about the galaxy and aliens, and renjun listening to erin's questionable comments about her home, he somehow knew he shouldn't ever talk about it.

the boy's mother did know that there was something off about erin, more like erin's home, erin's parents. with effort, the woman understood what was happening around the girl and since then miss huang opened her and her son's door for her everytime she could.

in simple words, erin's parents found themselves in gang and drugs issues after trying to get money, mainly because of her daughter. but as time passed and there wasn't another chance to back off from it, her parents became distant, influenced and absorbed into that environment, barely being with her daughter who spent all of her time with her only friend.

you see, erin was quiet but she wasn't introverted, she didn't let nobody know about anything about her after renjun's mother explained to her that, actually, nothing was normal about having parents in a gang, consuming harmful substances. and miss huang did a great job at doing that, because erin promised herself to never fall in it, to not let her parents drown her in that kind of stuff.

and she succeeded, renjun being the reason she always tried her best.

renjun didn't know what he felt when erin was around, he would feel sad a moment but, after hearing erin's voice, he would give the biggest smile. he would feel his cheeks burn when erin would tell him that he looked cute, or when she would pinch his cheeks, his mom always remembering the times renjun thought he was sick, coming to her with a cute concerned face. she would always remember his curious face when she told him what love was, the boy inmediately thinking of his friend.

...

"let's get you to bed, tomorrow will be fun!", miss huang said to her son as she grabbed his hand, walking together to his room.

renjun made a plan, a little smile coming to his face when his mother closed the door of his room. he inmediately jumped off of his bed and went to one of the corners of his room, where he kept all of his toys. he moved a doll and grabbed what was behind it.

he always saw this when he would play when whoever from his family watched something one the tv. he didn't understand it fully, but he could understand that it meant a lot, that it meant 'love'.

after all the thinking a 7 year old could do, he came to the conclusion that he loved erin. that, besides his family, she was the only person he loved.

he walked to his backpack and put the ring inside of the smaller compartment, trying to get a reason why he felt nervous.

he looked at the ceiling after going back to his bed, tucking himself in. he quickly fell asleep, not giving more thought to it.