Prologue

A pair of tombstones laid on the silverglass field near the border of what was once known as the Ashina clan. One was placed there in honor of a valiant shinobi. It was a well-carved, well-attended grave, with sakura petals and tools of different variations placed all around it.

Its twin was much less sophisticated, as if though the person the grave was made for was undeserving of honorary gifts. A simple pile of pebbles with a big dirty bow placed near it.

These were the last remnanents of Sekiro and Genichiro Ashina, adopted by the Usui and Ashina clan respectively. Half an year had passed after the Ministry's invasion. The graves had already been forgotten since.

Emma, only known friend to the two of them, used to tend to the tombstones and pray for their souls. But in the end, when the injuried where healed and were either executed or send to the Ministry's base of operations, even she was forced to desert these ruined lands and head to other cities.

But one night, a mysterious tall woman carrying a bag appeared in the silverglass field. Her face was obscured by the cloack which she wore over her head. The woman seemed to be surrounded by a beautiful serene glimmer, the beauty of which was further amplified in the moonlight.

She stopped at Genichiro's grave and put her hands in a prayer.

"I could not save you from your fate...just like you saved me that night. I am sorry."

She opened the bag and placed a kind-faced Buddha on his grave. Then, a shining jewel fell from her hands and she put them in a silent prayer. An ambiet glow manifested around the jewel, before it disappeared.

"I hope," she began softly, "that in the next life, you are more fortunate."

"Stand your ground. For the glrory of Ashina!"

There was no hesitation. Not a moment to take a breath and analyze the situation. Hesitation is defeat...Hesitation is defeat...Hesitation is-

"Hn!"

A Red Guard captain shoulder bumped him and slashed at his sides. Genichiro jumped back, using the oppurtinity to fire a barrage of arrows at the tall man. One, two, three, four, five, six...Seven arrows it took to take the ox down. This battle would be no problem for Genichiro if there was just a little group of them. But there were hundreds!

Anywhere he looked besides his behind, Red Guards came swarming like a pack of red wolves, eager to devour them all. To devour the Ashina clan and rob it of its natural resources. Well, Genichiro was not going to let them do as they wished with his land, just like how they raped and killed his mother.

His soldiers were strong, well-trained, but they were outnumbered and the Ministry's powder mixtures proved powerful enough to turn ample armor into a pile of useless metal that melted into his soldiers' flesh.

He managed to cut and shoot down many of them. He had Tomoe and his grandfather to thank for honing his skills tremendously over the past seventeen years. Eventually, the forces of the Interior Ministry seemed to realize the threat he posed so they sounded a horn and send in one of their greater warriors.

He stormed the battlefield like a hungry wolf, mad and eager for bloodshed, tearing through his soldiers like wheat. Their eyes met. The man's dual swords were raised in his direction now. He charged.

"You face...Akamero Tamura!"

A man of tall stature, donning heavy red armor. His mask was different than his comrades'. It bared the shape of a demonic wolf. Genichiro felt shivers down his spine as the man swiftly approached him. He moved fast for someone clad in armour.