Chapter Two.

Edmond's POV

I lurked, silently carefully, examining her body, through the window.  I've seen her many times before and ever since, I've lusted for a taste of her blood.  She lived under poor conditions, alone, she had no family.  I've watched her grow up as I have also with all the soldiers and villagers who roam around my castle's borders. She was different from them, she reminded me of myself... abandoned, cursed, to live a lifestyle we didn't choose but one we must conform to.  The adoption of my boys, is the only thing which keeps me in touch with my human side, one which they even rarely see.

No matter how much this woman reminds me of myself, I, MUST,FEED, she's just another who falls in my path, I never mean any harm and I was once also innocent, this is why I leave my victims weak, but alive.

As usual I entered by having my bats scanning the home for entry points, from there I can enter using their bodies to project myself inside and have my meal.  In a matter of seconds I was in, close to her body, her skins was snow white and she had a healthy throbbing pulse, my fangs craving for a sample of her blood.  Sound asleep, I leaned in for a bite, her neck exposed calling me, drawing me in.  In a flash my fangs pierced her pale skin, she began to move a little, I held her shoulder guiding her keeping her in place.  Her skin was soft, she was healthy.  I must care for this woman, look over her like a guardian angel.  For in time, she will be, a pawn I use in training my sons.

Jason and Jacob as young as I have gotten them, have both been very loyal to me, weather because they fear me for my power or because they both respect me as their father figure, there duties haven't gone unnoticed. They both will be rewarded, in time, the power that was gifted to me by my family.  The power by which the weak craves.

Jacob's POV

''Back already my lord?'' I asked as I heard the window slammed shut from Edmond's room.

''Yes Jacob, my son, that will be all  for tonight. Go get yourself some rest, I have a special task for both you and your brother in the morning, I must let you know formerly as a prince myself my father demanded that I fetch myself a bride and soon I'll be expecting the same from you.'' he stated, his back facing me, I wish I could see his expression but either way this was a major turn.

I was actually surprised by Edmond's remarks tonight, it was just unexpected, for the past 6 years his speech at his returns would seem like a routine.  He would thank us for our loyalty and greet us off to bed. But tonight with mentioning of planned activities in the morning I couldn't be sure weather to be excited or worred by Edmond's words. Part of me was happy to be spending time with my ''father.'' 

''As you wish, my lord,'' I made my way up our spiral stair casing into our rooms. With Jason being fast asleep, I would have to inform him in the morning.

Edmond's POV

It has been almost six hundred years since I've meet someone like myself, sometimes I wonder what ever happened during the ''incident.'' My fiance taken away from me, taken to the mountains for which I searched for countless years.  Not until recently I've came to a point where I think she's dead, possibly killed not because she is a murderer or a monster, but killed for the label we vampires get, evil and relentless.  As usual this is the thought I have as I rest into my bed for slumber. I lay resting next to an empty spot, where once my Elizabeth would be dreaming, remembering her vividly and the experiences we shared.