Chapter 1

Catherine
I have the bestest friends in the world. One friend's name is Melissa, the other is Emily. I love them like sisters. Anyway Christmas break is tomorrow and I'll be free from school. We run down the stairs from the school. Emily jumps in the air and tries to the Irish leprechaun heel click thing, and fails by falling and rolling in the crisp snow. "I totally stuck that landing." She said before plopping her head back in the snow. She starts making a snow angel. "Come on Emily time to go." I say, grab her arm, and pull her out of the 3 inch snow.
❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️
My House
We enter the house and stomp the snow off our boots. "Hey girls!" Mom comes out of the kitchen with an apron on. "Hi Mrs.Thompson." Emily and Melissa say. "I just baked some chocolate chip cookies would you like some?" Mom asks. "Yes!" We scream.

We feast on cookies. "What you doing for Christmas?" I ask. "We're going to Aunt Patty's house in Michigan." Emily says. "We're going to Baltimore to see my brothers college campus and then we're spending Christmas in his dorm room. Luckily he doesn't have to share with anybody." Melissa says. "We're staying here agai-" I'm cut of by mom. "You're actually going to visit your brother in London." We give her the 'are you serious, your kidding' look. "I'm serious." She says. "We shipped your presents there and we got your plane tickets and you leaving next week."
❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️
"Mom! Seriously." I am so excited! It's been forever since I saw him. He got married and I am so excite to see his wife, my sister in law. "You gotta start packing!" Melissa yells. She points down the hall. "To your room we go!" She starts walking to my room. We stay behind and just stare at her. "Well? Are yah coming or not." "Oh yeah. Coming." I say.

We plop down on my bed in my room I share with my 2 sisters that are currently at soccer practice. "I can't believe it." I say. "You should start packing missy." Emily says. She already pulled out my trunk (suitcase) and opened all my drawers pulling out my clothes. "Now your going to London so you need clothes that make you fit in." Emily keeps digging through my drawers pulling out everything. "She can always buy stuff there Emily." Melissa says. While Emily was digging for clothes, Melissa on the other hand was getting the important stuff out for me to bring to London. I was just sitting on my bed waiting for them to 'finish' packing for me. Emily was putting my clothes in matches and Melissa was telling me what I need to bring. "You need you toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, makeup, hairbrush, phone so you can call, FaceTime, and text us, Polaroid camera, purse, wallet, money, laptop, sticky notes, pens, mints, and earbuds." She tossed all of that stuff on one side of my bed. She was organizing what goes in my purse.

"Catherine. Can I talk to you." Mom peeps her head in the door. "Sure mom." I say. We step outside my room and into the office room. "I didn't want your friends to be disappointed that you... I don't know how to say this. Your not just visiting, your staying in London for about 2 years in the 'Golden Ages Boarding School'." My jaw drops. "Why?" I ask, my voice shaky. "Well, I feel low you need to spend more time with your brother." A tear trickles down my cheek. "Okay." I walk out of the room and enter my room. Once I walked into the room I started balling my eyes out.