Chapter 3

Catherine (the plane landed and she is now @ the train station)
All I had was my purse and my trunk filled with my clothes and a few items with special memories. I was standing at he train station, on platform 9, waiting for the train to arrive.

My parents allowed me to withdraw money from their bank account to 'make up' for the surprise news. So I did a little shopping.

I have always wanted a Polaroid camera so guess what I bought. A pink Polaroid camera and film. I also got a box of biscuits. I was in on my way out the shop when a lady told me "It's monkeys outside." Ugh British slang. "You might need an umbrella." I take a glance out of the window. It was raining. She held out 4 different umbrellas. I think she noticed I didn't have anything to protect me from the rain. So I bought the pink umbrella. The umbrella was really nice. It was wide enough to cover my purse and toes. My trunk however, was getting very wet. But it's okay. It's water proof.
🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧
When I boarded the train, there was no seat available. It was half an hour from here to London. I guess I'll just have to stand. I set my trunk down beside the washroom, open the door, I pull out my uniform ,and step in to change.

I come out of the washroom with my new uniform on. A skirt down to my knees, a white blouse that had the logo on the left side of the blouse, socks that reach my calves, black Keds, and white gloves. I wore my in a fishtail braid that reached my mid back. I walked down the isle with my trunk to get to the other side of the train car when a girl asked me "Oh. Do you go to 'Golden Ages Boarding School?" I look to my right. "Yes." "Here." She moves her stuff off the chair and pats the seat. "You can sit here." She gives me a warm smile. "Thanks." I smile back. She holds out her hand. "My names Clover Anderson. What's your name?" I shake the hand. "Catherine Thompson. Do you go to 'Golden Ages' too?" I ask. "Yeah." I feel really stupid because she was also wearing her uniform. "Uhm I'm new to the school so can you tell me about it." "Sure! We haven't had a newly for the longest time. Everyone's gonna be talking about you. Okay so..." She told me everything. The dorm, dining room, classrooms, kitchen, lounge room, etc. She told me about the schedule and the wake up time. Since its a 'special' boarding school, school starts in December. "What do you do after lights out?" I ask. "After lights out? We just cabbage around. No silly we go to bed." Ugh British slang. I listened to every bit of information she told me. This is how she becomes one of my new best friends.