Chapter 1

I remember asking dad one evening
" what if there's a zombie apocalypse " we'll dad laughed hard but didn't tell me anything now I'm asking myself what do I do
       I woke up on a sunny morning, wearing my pink flowered chiffon ,greeted by an unusual silence. That was the first time I heard the rhythm of the birds singing on my neighbor's garden . I sat up and turned on the tv cause I love watching tv . Unfortunately my favorite E channel wasn't connecting so I switched to the local tv and there I saw a reporter crying  and showing a footage of a haggard beggar ripping a pregnant woman apart, the particles in the woman's body gushing out yet the beggar still feasted on her. The crying reporter is about relaying a message and the channel went blank.
     I concluded it was a movie lister and thought if the footage was a new movie being released. I wondered why the channel went blank cause the weather was perfect.  My stomach groaned and I yawned cause I was hungry , picked up my phone and i saw  ten missed call  from different people . What could be wrong, I tried calling but the connection was bad so I decided I would call later after I ate.
I craved for puff puff  so I decided I would get it in mama tunde shop adjacent Dr rufai hospital . I wore my jeans and pink shirt with my slippers and steeped out of the house.
    I was greeted by a strange silence . How on earth could the street of Bamgbopa be this silent? The street children that played with the soil were all gone and Baba Ajasco and friends that played draft under the orange tree were not at their usual spot. I looked ahead and saw someone walking so I quickened my step toward the person and asked him
  "Hey what's going on around, where's everyone "
    He turned around and the sight that greeted me was terrific . He was the same guy that dry cleans down the street at no 34. He started coming closer towards me with outstretched hands as if wanting to hug me , his teeth was filled with strange particles  newly digged in I could not place . He didn't say anything meaning except snarling and growling like an animal. He grapped my hands with his mouth ajar and made to dig to into my flesh, I shrugged off and kicked him straight into his chest and he staggered back to the ground. I could see flies oozing from a deep cut in his neck. I quickened my steps when he stood up and made towards me, then I started running looking back and then only to see him coming  after me like his life depended on mine. I ran until he was no longer at sight, what's going on I asked myself. I was panting heavily only to see more men,women and children coming  in the same mannerisms of the dry cleaning boy earlier.