It beats for you

/Ps: I know my writing is cheesy and I can't help it. I secretly enjoy the cheese. The song is 'Oceans by seafret' I hope that you listen to it while reading the lyrics. Anywho, hope you enjoy a little more angst. Also I'm arabic so if the english is a little weird, sorry./

*Cenk POV*

I'm on my own again. The silence is too loud. I know I'm the one to blame. But I couldn't keep pretending that Cemre wasn't sacrificing her whole life for my sake. 

She makes me breathe. And I'm suffocating her. 

My phone rings. "hello?"

"Why do you keep hurting me?"

 It's Cemre. "I don't want to." It seems like she's drunk so I ask her, "where are you?"

"The usual club. I sang my heart out today." I'm glad she had fun. "Cenk, I can't go back to my house tonight. My mom will kill me. Can you take me with you?"

I need to say no. I have to say no. It would be better that way. But it's her. Saying no is not an option.

"Okay, I'll be there in a minute."

I go into the club and I start looking for her. She's with her friend dancing to an another performance. 

"Let's go back." I tell her.

"Nope!" And she laughs. "I'm going to sing one more song."

Then she gets to the stage and I hope this ends well. I turn to her friend who seems less drunk,"is it okay if I leave with her afterwards?"

She smiles at me, "yeah, of course. I have a car and I'll probably leave soon. She never drank this much since I've known her. Pretty sure it's about a guy. But she won't tell me who."

Cemre is sitting on a chair with the guitar on her lap. She closes her eyes. 

I remember the last time I was here. She was preforming, looking at Nedim with so much love. Walking out of this club was one of the hardest things I've ever done. 

This time, I'm the one she's looking at. Maybe I'll even pretend I'm the one she's singing for. I'll fool myself into thinking she loves me. 

*Cemre Pov*

I'm looking at Cenk standing there so close to the stage. And it hits me, how much I've fallen for him. Everything about him. And the only song that comes to mind...

"I want you
Yeah I want you
And nothing comes close
To the way that I need you
I wish I can feel your skin
And I want you
From somewhere within

It feels like there's oceans
Between me and you once again
We hide our emotions
Under the surface and try to pretend
But it feels like there's oceans
Between you and me

I want you
And I always will
I wish I was worth
But I know what you deserve
You know I'd rather drown
Than to go on without you
But you're pulling me down

It feels like there's oceans
Between you and me once again
We hide our emotions
Under the surface and try to pretend
But it feels like there's oceans
Between you and me

I want you
I want you
And I always will

It feels like there's oceans
Between you and me."

I hear the crowd clapping. I open my eyes. And I don't try to hide the tears. Because I love him and it hurts. Because I wasted so much time. And I'm worried I 'll never get it back. 

I get up- too drunk to walk straight but I try my best. I keep one foot in front of the othe-  Suddenly I'm lifted off the ground. His arms surrounding me. I rest my head on his chest. And I hope this lasts forever.

Cenk POV

I cover Cemre with a blanket and I bring a glass of water, put it on the nightstand beside her.

"Cenk," I lay on my side and I get a little closer to her. "I'm sorry."

Why would she apologize to me? If anyone has to apologize it's me. "For what?"

"The last time I sang, I was looking at Nedim. When I should've waited for you. The flowers were beautiful and I thought he was the one who sent them.  Then I saw your writing. I should've left the club and ran to you."

She's giving me hope. But I can't. "Staying there was better. I'm not good for you Cemre."

She covers my mouth with her hand and says, "nope, you're the best thing that ever happened to me. You fought your demons for me. Waited for me when no one did. You make the best pancakes and you look so handsome even when you make me angry."

I try to say something but she shakes her head, "don't even try. I don't care what you think. You said you're the bad guy. You said don't get used to the darkness. You told me you're not the hero. But you hold me like I'm precious. You save me every time. How can I go to the light when the darkness is so kind? "

 She brings my hand to her chest.

"This heart beats for you. I love you Cenk karacay."