Chapter 5

“I’m back!” I shouted, my voice echoing through the castle.  

It had been a few weeks since we had returned to Arendelle.  Elsa had recovered great and everyone was hard at work planning for Anna’s wedding, which would take place at the end of the month.  I stood in the doorway, having just come back from the florist downtown. Although Elsa was the maid of honor, she left me in charge of the flowers.  Last week, Anna had picked out a bouquet of pink roses for her wedding. Today, I had ordered matching centerpieces for the reception.

The castle was silent, so I figured that Anna and Elsa were back upstairs.  I began to ascend the stairs. When I reached the second floor with the bedrooms, I started walking down the hall to my room.  

“Lisa,” Anna called from her room, “I need an opinion.”

I turned into Anna’s room, where she was sitting on her bed with a binder opened on her lap.  

“What’s up?” I asked, taking a seat next to her.

“Should the groomsmen be in green bow ties and Kristoff in pink, or vice-versa?”

I took a minute to think.  Anna’s wedding colors were green and pink, and the dress that Tome was making for her had pink accents sewn into the white wedding gown.  

“I think Kristoff should be in pink, it’d go best with your gown,” I decided.  

“Me too,” Anna agreed.  “Now, I just have to hope that Kristoff has a tux to go with it.”

I raised an eyebrow at her comment.

“Kristoff still hasn’t ordered a tuxedo,” she explained.  “He better do it soon, the wedding’s barely a month away!”

I facepalmed.  Men.

“Well,” I said, starting to get up, “I’ll leave you to it.”

“Thanks, Lisa, see you tonight,” Anna smiled.

I started out of her room and began to walk down the hall.  I noticed that Elsa’s door was ajar at the end of the hallway.  I decided to peak in to let her know the status of the flowers.

“Hey Elsa,” I said, opening her door a little more.  Elsa was sitting at her desk, where she was staring intently at a small letter.  

“Lisa, come in,” Elsa replied, looking up for a moment.  She gestured for me to sit in the seat behind her. A blanket was draped over it, which I removed and placed onto Elsa’s bed.  

“What’s up?” I asked.  Elsa was no longer holding onto the paper, but instead, I saw a newly crinkled paper in the trash.  

“Where’s Anna?” Elsa started.

“She’s in her room doing some planning, I can get her if you’d like.”

“No!” Elsa cut me off quickly.  “No, don’t get Anna, in fact, you must promise me that you won’t tell Anna anything of what I’m about to say to you.”

“Okay,” I replied, slightly uneasy.  

“You promise?”

“Yes, I promise!” I felt the tension beginning to rise in my veins and worry lines form on my face.

“Listen,” Elsa began, lowering her voice, “I’ve recently picked up some intel and,” Elsa paused to take a breath, “there’s been a threat against Anna’s wedding.”

I gasped.  “Like a bomb?”

“Not quite,” Elsa said.

I took a breath.  I really shouldn’t have been that surprised.  Every duke, prince, king, lord, and lady within Norway and the surrounding countries were going to be attending Anna’s wedding.  At an event that big with so many important people, threats were bound to happen. Of course, many of them were never true, but all it takes is just one true threat to cause a disaster.  

“The threat has come from The Southern Isles.”

I gasped with what little air was left in my lungs.  Elsa didn’t need to elaborate anymore. It was already understood.  The threat was from Prince Hans. Prince Hans was the youngest prince of the Southern Isles who had previously tried to take over Arendelle.  Just last year, he and his older brother Markus had attempted to steal the Arendelle orb and scepter from our chapel. He was a bad man and a threat from Hans was most likely going to be true.  

“We have to tell Anna!” I said.

“No,” Elsa said firmly, “ We are not going to tell her.”

“Why not?  It’s her wedding, she has every right to know!”

“This will only stress her out more and ruin her day.  Besides, I’ve already tripled security and made them aware of the threat.”

“Elsa, this is ridiculous!  How could you hide this from her?  If there’s a threat to her wedding, Anna needs to know!”

“Lisa, listen, this is her one day.  There are no redos or do-overs! Anna deserves to have the best day possible.  She’s going to remember this day for the rest of her life; do you really want her to remember the fear that she was feeling that Hans may ruin it?”

I got up and looked her right in the eye.  “This is outrageous,” I spat. I turned around to open the door, but it wouldn’t budge.  I looked down to see that it was frozen to the ground. I sent a glare in Elsa’s direction, only to be met with a matching glare in return.  

“You are not going to tell Anna, understood?” 

“I think it’s stupid that you are hiding something this big from her,” I retorted.

“Do not tell Anna,” she growled, staring me down like a wolf stares down its prey.  At that moment, I was so glad that Elsa did not have the power of laser eyes, or I would have been burnt to a crisp.  

“Ok fine!” I shouted, breaking our staring contest.  “But if anything goes wrong it is officially your fault.”

“You’re really worried about blame?  Lisa, you’re fifteen, not five.” Elsa rolled her eyes as she melted the door.

“And you’re my sister, not my mother!” I screamed, almost yanking the door off its hinges and slamming it behind me, the sound echoing throughout the castle.  I knew everyone had to have heard it, but at that moment, I really couldn’t have cared less.

I started stomping off towards my bedroom, only to run into a rather bewildered Kristoff on the way in.

“Hello Lisa!” he began.  “Is everything alright?”

“Everything’s just peachy,” I said through gritted teeth.

“Is Elsa in?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Oh yeah,” I muttered.  “But I wouldn’t go in there if I were you.”

“Huh? Why?” he asked, obviously not picking up on my social cues that I just wanted to leave.

“Does it really matter?” I snapped.  “Just leave me alone!”

“Okay!” Kristoff snapped as I pushed past him to get to my room.  I shut my door, again rather loudly. I heard Kristoff start to walk away, muttering to himself, “I will never understand women.”