CHAPTER 1

"Another day another dollar" I think as I collect my payment from yet another loser on a long list of suckers who owe me money. My name is Adrian Cleveland better known as Clever, so named for my special way of having all bets turn out conveniently in my favor. I have been in the gambling business for about 6 years, and I started at the very young age of twelve. My father was killed, and I never knew my mother. I stay with my aunt but she has four bad ass kids of her own to take care of, so I basically use her house as my place of rest and that's about it. Simply put, I'm taking care of my damn self. I'm doing pretty well too. I have my own car, a cell phone, and some very nice clothes, compliments of Sean John, Lacoste, and Polo.

I just collected the profits from my latest bet on the football game between our school Jefferson Davis and another school on the other side of town called Central. I convinced just about everyone to bet on Central, even the people at our own school. I spread a little rumor about some of our star players not being eligible. Then I hacked into Central's main computer and altered of few of their star players' grades. So as it would seem, their players were the ones not eligible. Some might consider that kind of stuff cheating, but my fuckin name is Clever, and I earned that name. Shit, I racked up over a thousand dollars on this bet; they need to call me P. Diddy.

"Damn Clever, you always stickin me for my fuckin paper!" stated Troy, one of my latest victims.

"You don't have to make the bet" I replied.

"Naw cuz I'm gone win one of these days"

"Not bettin against me, and you know this mayne"

"Aww shit, look at that fine ass female yo"

"Nigga, I aint thinking about no females right now, I gotta get to class. Hurry up"

"Here shit....and since when is yo gay ass not thinking about no females. I still don't see how you be pullin more fine ass girls than me and I'm a nigga"

"It really don't take much to pull more females than you"

"Fuck you....I gotta go too, lata" he said as he ran off

"Lata nigga" I responded as I ran off in the opposite direction. I made it just in time to be late as usual, and locked out of class again. So I decided to roam around school a little bit before getting a pass into class. As I strolled down the hallway, I spotted the finest female I ever seen going into the guidance counselors' office. You know I just had to make a pit stop in there.

I walked in and pretended to be looking for something. When we made eye contact, I smiled at her and she smiled back. That had to be the most beautiful smile in the world, and her eyes, OH MY GOD, don't even get me started. This girl had the nerve to be light skin with some hazel eyes, and to top it off she had some long, pretty dark brown hair. She was small, about 5'1 maybe 5'2, and had a nice little body that fit her perfectly- small waist, hips, thighs, and ass, plus some nice B cups. She had on this white spaghetti strap shirt, with these jeans that looked like they were made specifically for her. Better believe I checked her all the way out, and you know I had to speak, "Wassup, you new here huh?"

"Yea, I'm waitin on the secretary to come back with my schedule"

"Well my name is Adrian Cleveland but erybody calls me Clever"

"My name is Taja Garcia"

"I like ya name....you mixed?"

"Yea...Puerto Rican and Black"

"Mmm, damn ok. You know, I could help you out with that, show you around and everything"

"Thanx, but you don't have to..."