Chapter 1 - I Heard You're A Player

Most of you probably have no idea who I am, not that id expect you to. I'm a background character, You know those people at restaurants or stores that you never even bother to remember their faces. That's me. I have no friends, everyday I sit at the 'loner table' where no one bothers to speak. I'm sick of it. Every day dodging the people in halls like my life depended on it.

I practically live in a high school movie. We've got it all, from nerds to popular. Most of them are background characters themselves, but at least they have their own stories. No one will even talk to me. Luckily, I have a plan.

I race to my locker in my black flats, blue jeans, and plane grey tank top. Average, but still not noticeable. Not that i don't want to be noticed, but this is all I can afforded other than food, my mom tries her hardiest but its still not enough since my dad left two years ago.

Just as the bell rings signaling the end of school I wait for the poplars to show up. Everyday they pass by me heading to their over expensive cars, unlike myself who walks every day.

Here they come, right on schedule. I hide my face in my locker listing to the pitter patter of shoes slapping the floor. when they come close i decide its now or never.

"hey!" I call out.

They just continue walking pass me. For a minute i consider bailing out. No, I have to do this. I have to get the most popular guy in school to go out with me.

"Hey James!?" I call out loudly enough for the whole school to hear.

The popular pause and a few of them turn to me after discussing something, half of them leave.

"Look, if I slept with you I don't even remember your name so go on ahead and find another fuck buddy. If I don't remember you that probably means you weren't great." The green eyed, dark haired beauty turns to me.

"Although, you are pretty hot" he finishes.

ew

"No, that's not it." I mumble suddenly turning shy.

"Well if your not going to say anything, I'm going to go home and forget about you" he says like its nothing.

Forget, forget about me? No. I refuse.

"I heard your a player,-" I start.

"Yes.... yes i am, is that any of your concern?" he ask turning around to face me.

I wont be a background character any more.

I smirk.

"-so lets play a game. Lets sweet talk. Lets play fight. lets talk 24/7. Lets tell each other goodnight and good morning every day. Lets talk walks together. Lets give each other nicknames. Lets hang out with each others friends. Lets go on dates. Lets talk on the phone all night long. Lets hug and kiss, and whoever falls in love first-" i pause "-loses."

The people who were silent around me burst into laughter and i instantly feel embarrassed as my cheeks heat up. To my surprise James shushes the people around.

"What are the rules?" he ask.

The smirk instantly returns to my face. I've done it.

"We must do everything I've stated of course, if you fall in love and the other person ask you must be truthful, and last no cheating, as in no sleeping with or dating other people." I state.

He stares into my eyes deviously.

"And what do I get if I win?" he ask.

"What do you want" I respond.

"A slave" He says nonchalantly.

"A slave?!" I shriek.

"yeah like someone to carry my books and fetch me coffee" He states simply.

"Deal." I say walking away from him.

"Well talk more about it tomorrow at lunch" I state.

As I begin to leave James ask me some thing I didn't expect.

"What do you get if you win?"

"Oh-" i start.

I think.

"Its a win win for me, either way people will know my name." i finish as i begin walking away.

"What is your name?" he practically yells.

"Holly..."