Geimhreadh

Jack, for the tenth time in the past five minutes, sighed. This earned him glares from Chris and Alex, but Jack was too bored beyond belief to care. They had all gathered back at the North Pole in the Globe Room, and none of the four siblings were allowed to leave said room. There were only so many unsuspecting elves he could freeze before he wasn't entertained anymore, and no one else seemed in the mood for some fun, given the circumstances.

North was busying himself by going back and forth to researching books his yetis pulled from his own library to barking orders for toy preparation. Tooth was helping her fairies keep everything organized, every once in awhile looking over at the four siblings to assure herself they were still okay. Sandy was at the window, sending out trail after trail of his dreamsand to the children of the world.

Bunny, however, was starting to tune everything out and zone off in deep thought. And Jack was at the center of those thoughts.

He thought about the first time he ever met Jack - Easter Blizzard of '68 - and all of the mean things he'd ever said to the elemental, how quickly he let Jack go during that dreadful Easter during the battle with Pitch. He regretted hurting Jack like that.

And now Jack's life was in jeopardy. An elemental murderer was on the loose, and there was no use denying that he would come for Jack sooner or later. But when he did, Bunny would be there, ready and prepared to protect the winter sprite that had nestled a place into his heart.

What the other Guardians didn't know is that Bunny could feel every single person's hope. When people lost hope, it physically hurt him. Jack losing the last bit of his hope that Easter when they turned him away was what turned Bunny into his small, helpless form. Jack was an immortal child - he would never grow up. This made his hope - his belief - stronger than any other child in the world. Bunny himself didn't realize how essential Jack's belief was until Jamie was the only one left that believed in them.

Bunny was pulled back from his thoughts with Jack's voice.

"You alright there, Cottontail?"

Bunny smirked, seeing Jack leaning on his staff, also smirking. "Course, Frostbite."

His siblings chuckled at the nickname, and he turned to give them a glare. Bunny then turned to Mother Nature. "May we speak in private?"

"Sure," she answered. She gave him a questioning look as they went into the hallway. Bunny closed the door behind them after making sure no one was listening in on them. "What's this about, Aster?"

Bunny sighed. "You know I'm not one to share my emotions." She nodded. "But, ever since Jack joined us, we Guardians have become a family of sorts. Jack's our baby now. I'm scared for him; I'd never forgive myself if something happen to him."

"He's got you and the other Guardians," Seraphina assured him, taking one of his big, fuzzy paws into both of her hands. "He got his brothers, sister, and me. Jack will be ok. I promise you that, Aster. He's my baby boy, too, don't forget. I won't let anything happen to him."

Bunny smiled. He felt his own hope grow just a little more.