Two

As I drove recklessly down the road, memories from earlier began to run down my head. 

-

I was in the music room, trying to find the right melody for Lea and I's song- our song. 

My fingers touches the keys as I play the melody. 

"Let's finally make memories worth remembering, 

we've lived for almost two decades yet not once have we felt alive.." 

A voice continues the song, " the exhilarating sensation of flying.."

I turn around to see Azalea, "you and I could be limitless." 

I end the song. She smiles, "So Mr. Behlendork-" she walks towards me, sits on my lap,and puts her arm around my neck.

"- is this where you've been all after school? I'm surprised I didn't check here first." 

I smile at her, "anything for you."

She leans in and gives me a kiss on the forehead, "I love you. A lot. Please don't ever forget that."

She burries her head within my chest as I rub her back," Why would I forget? I will never." 

She gives a small laugh, "Good." She checks the time on her watch with a worried face. 

"Lea, you okay?" I ask. She straightens her face, giving me a small smile,

"Uh- yes. Everything is fine. I'm just running a little late on something. I have to go now."

She gives me a peck on the cheek,"I'll text you later. I love you." 

She quickly walks out of the room, leaving me and the piano. 

_

I start driving to all the places Lea and I spent together. 

The park-nothing. The secret part of a cliff we found where we have a view the whole city- nothing. 

The beach cave-nothing. She was no where. 

There was only one spot left to look for. The lake where I met Azalea.

I parked the car in the lot and began searching. I flickered on a flashlight for light in the dark night. 

"Lea? Lea! Lea where are you?" 

And that was when I heard it. A gunshot. 

I passed all the bushes to see a girl on the ground with a shadow figure next to her. 

The shadow begins to run away. 

I ran towards the girl- soon making out the person- Azalea. 

"Lea!" I softly hold her face in my hand, "Lea, everything is going to be alright okay. You're going to be fine."

I feel something wet on my hand- blood. 

Her head was shot. 

"W-Will, is that you?" she faintly asks. 

"Lea, don't talk okay, the paramedics are coming. 

"I-I love you." She then closes her eyes. 

"No, no Azalea stay with me. Stay with me!" 

I hear the sirens coming closer. 

I feel her breathing.

"Lea, they're here, stay with me," I whisper. "You're going to be fine."

- hours later - 

After hours and hours of waiting the waiting room, through the operation room to the recovery- I walk into her room.

I knock slightly on the open door.

I see Azalea looking outside of the window. 

"Lea?" 

She turns around with a confused face.

"Uhm- I'm sorry, but who are you?" 

___________________________________

Hope you're liking it so far!

IG: @behlenhomie/@vivianphxm

Twitter:@behlenhomie