2.

Never would I have thought that death felt so comfortable.

As I blinked open my eyes, I was blinded by pure white.

That was it, white.

"Is she awake?"

"I think so"

I heard two voices echoing in my ears as I blinked a few times to let my eyes focus again.

As I did, I was met by two unfamiliar yet handsome faces. One had pink hair while the other had golden hair.

However, my senses kicked in as I recalled the night I was raped.

"No!!", I screamed as I was traumatised and I back up against the wall, closing my ears with my hands, warm tears rolling down my face as the two strangers looked at me with wide eyes.

"Hey...w-we won't hurt you. We won't do anything at all", the pink headed guy said as he came closer to me, only to make me snap at him.

"Don't come closer", I snapped and he stepped back, pulling his small hand away.

They only watched me as I acted like a child afraid of the dark. Well, that was until I spoke up.

"W-Who are you?", I asked, still in my defence mode.

The golden haired lad looked at his partner and he gave me a warm smile, trying to calm me down.

"I'm Taehyung, Kim Taehyung and this is Jimin", he answered softly as he gestured to his friend. I looked at the pink lad and he smiled, showing off his teeth like a child not knowing how to smile at the camera.

"Hi", he said as he waved at me.

"Where am I?", I asked as I was starting to trust them. Just a little.

"You're in our home. You fainted in the forest. Thank goodness Jungkook found you", Jimin answered and I furrowed my eyebrows.

Jungkook?

My mind immediately flashed the silhouette of someone walking towards me as I fainted in the snow.

Soon, the door to the room we were in opened and that was the first time I lay my eyes on such a beautiful being.

His hair was jet black and he wore a white hooded cloak that trails behind him. His sharp features stood out as the colour of his outfit made him glow somehow. His lips were the perfect shade of pink.

But his eyes.

They were cold and dark.

As if there was no life in them.

"Kook, you're back", Taehyung said as he turned around to greet his...friend, perhaps?

The new stranger just stared at me as he placed down a basket of mulberries. His dark cold orbs stared into my soul as I leaned against the wall.

Soon, he looked away without a word as he looked at Taehyung.

"Get her something to eat. She's probably starved", he said coldly as he went out out again.

"Alright", Tae said as the white stranger closed the door behind him.

Silence creeped in as Taehyung and Jimin looled at me.

"Who was that?", I asked and the both of them snapped their heads to look at me.

"Oh, that's Jungkook. The one who saved you", Jimin said and I nodded in understanding.

"Sorry if you think he's a little arrogant. He's not a man of words but he's nice. Warm and cozy, unlike his behaviour", Taehyung said, probably noticing my awkward silence.

"It's fine", I said and Jimin sat next to the bed where I was, pulling a chair which was made by something I never thought would be called a material.

Ice.

"Darn, this whole place is killing me", Jimin said as he retracted his hand from the cold icy chair.

"Pfft, you're in Kook's place, of course it's cold. He's the guardian of snow for goddamn-"

Jimin immediately covered the gold lad's mouth as he gave him the shut-up face.

"Guardian of snow?", I asked as I was curious. How rude of me.

"It's nothing. Tae's just telling you one of his stupid dreams again-"

"Goddamn it, Park, she'll know it sooner or later-"

"What are you talking about? There's no such things as guardians. What am I? The tooth fairy?", Jimin said and Tae rolled his eyes. I watched curiously as Taehyung's words rang a bell.

I remembered reading a book on father's table. He forbid me to but me being the rebellious daughter, I always did. I'd sneak out of my room at night to sneak into his office like a criminal.

The book was small. Quite old, it's rusty old ages smelled of wood as I flipped it open when I was a little girl.

It was about the 7 guardians. Each one in charge to make sure that life is stable.

I remembered; the guardian of snow, the guardian of the night, the guardian of nature, the guardian of earth, the guardian of the sun, the guardian of water and the guardian of fire.

However, I only managed to read a few pages before father caught me reading it one night and he burned it away.

"Are you the 7 Guardians?", I asked and they stopped bickering. Jimin's chocolate orbs widen with surprise.

"I told you she would know soon enough", Tae whispered to him but it was loud enough for me to hear.

"But you didn't tell her, you idiot", Jimin said as he smack the other's head, making Tae stumble forward, rubbing his head.

"So you are the 7 Guardians. I thought you were just children's fairytales", I said as I got excited. It isn't like everyday that you'll wake up and find out that storytelling was a reality show.

"Fairytales? Pfft, if we were, the stars would probably fall off the sky and hit your like you were nothing but a lump of fresh meat", Tae said as his golden hair glowed.

"Stars?", I questioned, a clue about who he is.

"Are you the Guardian of the Night?", I asked and he chuckled.

"Well, looks like a little new introduction would be nice", he said as he walked closer to the bed.

"I'm the one and only Kim Taehyung, the charming Guardian of the Night, at your service", he said as he gave me a charming smile.

"Ugh, gimme a break", Jimin said as he rolled his eyes, facepalming himself.

A giggle left my lips as I watch Tae sticking his tongue out at his pal who was embarrassed by his charming introduction.

"Shut it, lavender. Your turn", Tae said as he took a seat next to Jimin.

"What is this? Elementary ice breaking session?", Jimin said sarcastically, pissing Tae off with his remark.

"You're unbelievable", Tae said, folding his arms.

"Fine", Jimin said, rolling his eyes.

"I'm Park Jimin, the Guardian of Nature", Jimin said and I smiled.

"Well, I never expected I would come upon the guardians in my life", I said, hugging my knees due to the cold.

Jimin seems to have noticed my actions and pulled up a blanket which was at the end of the bed.

Surprisingly, it was made from frost.

"Here, I know it's freezing cold here. Keep yourself warm", he said, wrapping it around me like a cold burrito.

"Thanks", I said, finally feeling the comfortable warmth of the frost blanket.

"What happened to you? Jungkook said he saw you running across the woods before you fell off a cliff", Taehyung asked and it all came back to me again. The weight of the burden weighing on my weak shoulders.