Chapter 21

"You've put everyone's life in danger, Megan this isn't gonna stop now." He mumbled under his breath before walking out and slamming the door behind him. I quickly fumbled with the door lock and ran after him, finally catching up to him in a dark alleyway.
"Tommy please just stop walking off." I cried and he turned around, walking towards me, the front of his cap shadowing his eyes.
"Why should I? You ran off to another country putting your life in danger with just a note! You could've died!"
"Yes but if I didn't go other people would've died! You! John! Ellie and hunter." I sobbed and Tommy hugged me as my legs became weak and I fell into his arms.

Tommy wrapped himself around me and his vision became blurry as tears filled his eyes. He lead me to a bench and pulled me into his side, placing a kiss on my head. "I'm sorry..." Tommy whispered and I looked at him shaking my head.
"Don't be... its my fault." I sighed and he stood me up, his height towering over me. He took his flat Cap off and looked at me before leaning down and placing a kiss on my lips as he held my waist.

"I love you..." I whispered and Tommy looked at me wiping some tears from my beaten face.
"I love you too." He whispered and placed a kiss on my forehead grabbing my hands. "Shall we head back? I don't want the others thinking somethings happened..."
"Yeah let's go..." I said and we began to walk back. "So has John been staying at Ellie and I's house?"
"Yeah so do you wanna stay at mine tonight?"
"Yeah I can do... you alright with it?"
"Yeah... why wouldn't I want to stop with someone who I've loved for years."

"I best ask you now before we get back and people don't get mental about it... do you want to make it official?"
"Yeah, of course." I smile. The question I've been wishing he would ask for years. Before we walked into the garrison, Tommy placed a kiss on my lips and we walked in joining John, Ellie and Polly explaining how I would be staying with Tommy tonight and Ellie could stay with John and they agreed, although later that night we all had a few drinks at Ellie and I's house.

"I'm glad you're home." Tommy said later that night as we laid together under the quilt as the candles in the room were the only source of night.
"Yeah I'm glad I'm home... and I'm glad everyone's safe. I've ordered a meeting tomorrow with the gang and I'm not looking forward to it."
"We could join alliances? You know share all profits and work together. We could be stronger together, right?" Tommy said and I nodded resting my head on his chest.
"Yeah, that would be good. Tomorrow I'll bring the Peaky Blinders to the meeting and we can explain together, see about people's opinions and stuff. For now, let's just sleep okay?"
"Alright... night Tommy." I whispered and we both laid down to settle to sleep.