KayLani

2/14

"Lani wake up"

"Lani wake up". My dad said shaking me causing me to open my eyes. "Time for school and your driving today I got a meeting at 3". He says making me pout. "But dad-" he holds his hand up cutting me off. "Aye what I say KayLani you 17 drive ya lazy ass damn. I love you and see you later". He says leaving my room, a few seconds later I hear the door close. I get outta bed and head to bathroom in the hallway. Yea I got a hallway bathroom Ian that rich bitch. I take me a quick shower and do my daily hygiene shit throwing on my biggie T-shirt, a pair of blue ripped jean shorts, and my Air Force ones. I go over to my vanity and start on my hair. Ian feel like doing nun special so I just brushed it out and wet it so it was curly but not tangled.

I head downstairs with my phone and book bag going straight to the kitchen. Dang my dad ain't leave shit to eat fucking fat ass bitch. Times like this I wish my mama was around instead of running the streets. Tuh I could never man. I grabbed a banana and yogurt going leaving the house. I make sure I lock up and head to my car, Nissan Altima. It was a gift for getting good grades since freshman year, I'm a senior at Gratz high School. I head towards my best friend Ashanti's house to pick her up. As I drove down Kensington I swore I saw my mama out there, but it could've been my mind playing tricks.

 As I drove down Kensington I swore I saw my mama out there, but it could've been my mind playing tricks

(Ashanti 18)

I pull up to her house and she comes out wearing a black 2 piece looking fine as always. "BESTIE" she screams getting in the car. I say wassup back and start driving to the school.
Now Gratz not ya ordinary high school, ain't no 'mean girl bullshit'. All you gotta do is mind ya business and you'll be cool. I parked on a side block and hopped out. "Lea you going to volleyball practice". Shanti asked me as we walked to the front, I gave her a look like 'duh bitch'. "You know the answer to that one dick head". She makes a face at me while we wait to be checked. Our school has metal detectors because some dickheads was shooting at a football game last year.

Once we get inside we go to our lockers then go our separate ways. Shanti not the brightest and my classes are little advanced so we don't see each other until lunch. Once I make it to AP English I settle in a random seat inna middle of the class. The kids start to trickle in ons by one, once the teacher comes she starts teaching.

"Excuse me Ms. Ennis this is the new student Adonis Richards". Some lady said while this fine ass nigga stood next to her.

He had on a all black fit with designs on his hoodie and some green Nike vapormax flyknits that matched his green hat

He had on a all black fit with designs on his hoodie and some green Nike vapormax flyknits that matched his green hat. He was cute, I went back to doing my work until I saw him set next me out my peripheral vision. "Excuse me ma". God damn his voice, I turned to look at him waiting for him to continue. "The teacher said you would help me". He said licking his lips staring at me. I agree to help him, and once he got the hang of it we got our work done pretty fast. "What's ya name shawty?" He asked me leaning back in his chair. "KayLani, Adonis right?" I say leaning forward smirking. "Yea maybe I could-". The bell cuts him off and I stand up leaving with out looking back. He's cute but I don't got the time at all.

*Skip To Lunch*

Walking into the cafeteria I spot shanti talking to one of her friends, so I go to the line to grab a smoothie and a bag of Doritos. As I make my over Adonis walks up to me smiling. "Aye Kay you mind if I sit with you?" He ask looking down at me. Now I'm 5'5 but this nigga like 6'2 y'all ashit for what? I nod my head yea and we head towards Shanti and her lil friend group. Ion got nun against none of em they just whites and I refuse to be associated with them simple.

"Hey Ashanti this is Adonis, Adonis this is my best friend Shanti, and her friends". I say going on my phone eating my Doritos, I peep shawty whose name was Lexi mean mugging me, but I ignored her outta respect for my friend. "So Adonis where you from". The other girl Tati said, she was a cute lil Hispanic girl w some pretty teeth. "I moved here from New York". He said looking at her smiling a little. "Mm well if you need somebody to show you around I'd be happy to help". She said winking making me scrunch my face up. The nigga just got here and she already throwing her coochie at him. Pathetic ass fuck man, he chuckled a little bit. "I appreciate it, but I got my good friend Kay to help me". I looked up fast ashit mean mugging him. "Nigga don't be volunteering my time like we cool". I say aggressively biting my chip, Ashanti smart ass gonna call me a fat ass causing me to pout and hoe 1 and 2 to laugh obnoxiously. "Was it that funny?" I ask rolling my eyes, they shut up but give me these looks. "We laughing right? The fuck" Lexi says while Tati just sit there grilling me. "Mmcht watch ya tone shorty". I say going back on my phone dismissing the conversation. After small talk the bell rung and we all went our separate ways.

*skip to home*

I pull up to my house going inside. I go up to my room and change into some shorts and a tank top. I laid down on my bed and texted my dad to let him know I was home.

To BossMan🖤- 'I'm home'
From BossMan🖤- 'what happened w vb?'
To BossMan🖤- 'not feeling it'
From BossMan🖤- 'okay bbg feel better'

I put my phone down and turn on Netflix. I turn on "All American". In the middle of my show my phone goes off with mad notifications.

A.donis has started following you
A.donis liked your photo

I quickly follow him back and go back to my show. I slowly fall asleep forgetting about my show and any type of dinner.

•••

Part one done it's gonna get better tho😗