Chapter 7 Know

"I knew it, you got her to go against me didn't you?" Killian sneered. "Who is that Captain?" Rumple mocks. "Regina, the Evil Queen, you got her to add a wake up name. Did you TELL her who Alice is?" He demands. 

"No, I did not specify who she was, I just said to put it in," Rumple said. "Clearly your plan has a hole in it," Rumple sassed. 

"Oh no no no, Regina will not go against me and the curse is still not broken." Killian said. "You think she won't go against you when she finds out you cursed her for fifteen years?" Rumple asks. 

Killian tips his head up thinking, glaring, and gritting his teeth. "The time is moving, that means there are breaks in it," Rumple said. 

"Shut up," Killian used his magic to stifle the former dark one. "How did that girl make the time move?" Killian asks. "I think you know the answer to that," Rumple said. "But seems some magic is working," he adds.

Killian realizes he just used magic on Rumple, and huffs. 

"Isn't she what you really wanted this whole time? Her?" Rumple asks. Killian breathes heavily. 

"Is there more flaws in this plan you didn't tell me?" Killian rambles aggressively. 

"Every curse has a way to break it, if you pay attention to all the details. You had Regina officially cast it and figured erasing her memory she couldn't have done something to protect herself, or wake me," Rumple said. 

"Does it wake her too?" Killian asks. "Oh that I don't know," Rumple denies. "What do you know?" Killian snaps. 

"I know that I gave you a dark curse, what you added has it's effects, as does whatever the Queen added, but once things break, everyone knows their past," Rumple said. 

Killian flexes his hands and attempts magic, "Why isn't it working all the way?" he asks. "It can be on and off if it's not back all the way," Rumple says. 

Frustrated, Killian leaves his cell and heads back out onto the street. In front of his view is Sabine's pastry truck. 

Walking around outside the truck, holding a tray, was Tilly. Her smile was all too familiar, and her eyes wide and bright with curiosity. 

Killian sighs to himself as he stares at her from afar. Putting his hand in his pocket, he wraps his fingers around his rook. 

"Mayor?" Regina sidles up beside him, startling him a moment. "Yes Sheriff what is it?" He asks flatly. "You left sort of rushing this morning," Regina says quietly. 

Killian clicks his tongue and thins his eyes. "What's with you and this Tilly? Bit young for you isn't she?" Regina jokes.

"What? Hush, that's ridiculous," He snaps angrily. "O.. .k, sorry, I was just joking," Regina is surprised by his harshness. Killian sighs, and shakes his head, "No, it's... I'm just having a bad day, on repeat," he scoffs. 

"What does the name Alice mean to you?" Killian asks. "Who's that?" Regina shrugs. Killian looks at her eyes and tilts his head, "You don't recognize that name at all?" He asks. "Is it someone I know?" Regina feigns.

"No, I suppose not," he shrugs and walks off. 

Regina stands confused as he walks away, and turns her attention to Tilly approaching. "Sheriff, do you want  a beignet?" Tilly offers. 

"Oh umm, thank you," Regina takes one. Regina furrows her brows and looks at the young girl's expressive face, taking her in. 

As the evening wears on, Killian is in Granny's having a cup of tea. Next to him, Tilly puts down a wooden board. 

He raises his brow, turning towards her. "Do you play?" Tilly asks. "Uhh, I've been known to dabble a bit," He nods. 

"Want to play? I'm waiting for Margot," Tilly says. Killian stares at her, and softly smiles, "Sure, I'll play white," he said. 

"Oh come on, I have my own white piece, one of them," Tilly says, and takes out the piece from her pocket. 

Killian stares the piece, and a smile comes across his face. "Well I.. suppose since you're partial to white," he says and sets up the board. 

"Umm where did you get that piece?" He asks. "Oh umm, I've had it all this time, my father gave it to me," Tilly states. 

Killian breathes, and moves his first piece, watching Tilly make each of her moves, thinking intently. 

He watches her eyebrows as they dance upward in a motion when she's thinking and pondering each move. Killian finds himself smiling and having a laugh at the game. 

"Ah, yes, checkmate," Tilly smiles proudly. "Mmm," he quirks, "Uh..Tilly.. " 

"Hey!" He's cut off by Margot entering, "Sorry about that, took me longer to get someone to cover, you ready?" Margot asks. "Uhh yeah, thank you for the game Mayor," Tilly nods. "Sure, anytime, seems I have to buff up my skills." He said. 

Tilly chuckles. 

"Your umm, father taught you quite well," Killian says staring into Tilly's eyes. "Uhh, yeah, he really did," Tilly nods and turns to Margot, shuffling out with her. 

Killian leaves Granny's in the evening, when the stars come out. Not wanting to go home, he heads to the docks. 

Flashback - Enchanted Forest 

"There is a way not to be controlled by the dagger," Rumple said. "What? How?" Killian scoffed. "Ah well there is a force, or being, known as the guardian. They are of a pure soul and heart, and can control the darkness," Rumple said. 

"And what is the price for that?" Killian asks. "Well they would be immortal themselves, but you would no longer be," Rumple said. "What is the point of my having the power and not being immortal?" Killian scoffs. 

"Eventually one would grow tired outliving everyone they love," Rumple said. "The dark one can also revoke the power when he wants, by true love," Killian said. "Yes, well you have to be willing to do that. The dark one can also be controlled by the guardian," Rumple said. 

"What how?" Killian asks. "Ah much of this unknown, but I once saw a vision of this, the guardian could tame the dark one so to be speak, it's unclear why," Rumple said. 

Present Day -- Storybrooke

Killian overlooks the water, and listens to the waves. 

"Ah, well, there you are," he hears heels clicking on the planks along the dock, and turns to see, "Mayor Mills, what brings you here?" He asks. "Thought I'd find you with a view of the sea," She smirks at him.

"Is that so? Why?" He asks. "Mmm, I know more than you think, care for a nightcap?" She offers.