Three Days Left 13

May 19

I went to Shar's house. We play violin together. I even teach her a new song.

Ms. Lee saw us having fun. He smiled at me.

Shar is very happy.

"Eomma, why are you smiling at Don, even if you just met him and you seldom smile at me?" Shar joked.

"Chongmal?...Am I smiling so often this time?" Ms. Lee answered with a question.

We had fun that whole day. I even have a lunch with them.

May 20

Shar called on the telephone. Shw told me she has to go somewhere so she couldn't meet me. I stayed at the hotel and helped there but I think of Shar only.

May 21

Shar called again telling me that she needs some rest. But she said I could see her on the terrace of her room at 6pm. I waited for 6pm and I can't help but to think about her.

6pm
I stood up at their gate at the back. Really Shar is there before I could see her.

She waved her hand. I wave my hand too.

7 pm
I went back home.
I noticed uncle to be very busy. Lolo did not come home again.

May 22

"Uncle, why are you looking at me like that?"

Uncle let go of the tears in his eyes.

"Even if we are not related by blood, still you're my nephew. Always remember that."

"Uncle, please stop joking me like that."

"Dean," Lolo trying to stop uncle.

"Dad, for 14 years, you are raising other's grandson but you're granddaughter is suffering from sickness but you never dare to ask how is she?"

"Uncle, what do you mean?"

"Dean, stop it."

"Don, Shar is..."

"I said stoooop..." Lolo shouted.

"Dad, Don is already 15, he could understand things already."

"Even you will get your niece here, I don't care about her."

"Dad, please wake up. Please comw ro think that your real gtanddaughter needs your help. She needs us."

"Uncle, what do you mean?"

"Don, go to your room," shouted dad.

I have to follow Lolo, I have to let them talk with uncle.

Little did they know that I am listening.

"Dad, Don is not your grandson. He is not your real grandson."

"Tell him he's not your nephew, and not my real grandson but it won't change. He will always be my grandson."

"And how about your real granddaughter dad? Are you going to just let her die?"

"Never mention that again."

"Dad, Shar is your real gtanddaughter and she's very sick. She needs you and she needed us to live."

I felt like someone just hit my heart and hitting it hundred times. I was too hurt to react.

For all those years, Shar is longing the love of her family, but I was the one who stole her family. For all those years that she has someone to talk and share her problems, but I was the one who had it. For all those years that I received the love of her family, she must be the one receiving it.