CHAPTER I

This is the 1st chpt hope u all like it. Do give it a try and leave comments.

Grace Benett

You know the time where you try so hard to get what you want to do. The time where you try your best to achieve it, you want it so badly but there is something that is stopping you because it feels so nice to be in your comfort zone. Well I tried too, I tried so hard to get out of my bed but my body and mind aren't in sync. Meh... I can say i did try my level best. Note to self : drink limited amount cuz the next day hangover is hell. Listen to Violet. Take Aydan's advice seriously. "Ughhh..... someone stop this stupid alarm, its blaring in my ears."

I peep open one eye to see my annoying brother standing with my alarm which I never use, smiling widely. I glared at him first, gave a sarcastic smile and threw a pillow at his face which he ducked easily (of course). "Common sissy, dear mother and father are waiting for you to bestow us with ur presence.", Sean said. "What for? " I asked puzzled. "Goodness gracious, you dont remember, of course you dont you are totally spent. Why dont you clean up and then I will enlighten you with your glorious act."he laughed and then went downstairs. I could feel every ounce of sarcasm dripping from his voice.

I stepped into the bathroom started the water, finishing my buisness I sat in the tub closing my eyes and thinking hard to remember what had happened yesterday. Okay I am getting a few things. Yesterday was Vanessa's wedding, it was quite good, I remember drinking a lot with her. But in between its all ..... BLANK. Must have been crazy, but shouldnt I remember my sister's wedding. Think hard Grace, what did you do? Stupid headache, wrong timing. I get out of the bath wrapping a robe and move towards the drawer below the mirror in search of aspirin.

The headache isn't the one who is stupid its the perason in the mirror. A.k.a. you.

And she is back, I thought I lost you long back. Please dont say any other word I am already late, I tell my innerself looking over at the clock. I wear a plain top and shorts in fastest time and walk down the stairs. As I moved closer to the dinning area I could hear indistinct talking of a news reporter about the Benett's crashed wedding.

You heard it wrong dumbhead it said Benetts' sister crashes wedding.

What did I do. I look over to the newspaper stand and pick out today's newspaper. Its quite red, look carefully you louse, shut up, I hiss to my innerself. I recognise that its me in a huge bulky red gown. Well mostly me spilling , splashin, ITS CALLED SPLASHING, whatever , a drink on a person and then slapping and kneeing him. Nice shot, I remark to myself and the person who clicked this picture.

Not just any person its Ruth Marshall, you bloop. Look carefully.

Why would I do that. Shit, all the memories of testerday came flooding in like a metro. Well serves the loser right. He cant get away with breaking my sisters heart. I walk in the dining area and four eyes snap towards me.
My brother, Louisa Benett (my mother) , Aunt Viki and Uncle Blake.
I give a tight lip smile which aunt returns and as I am about to take a step further my mom's voice booms through. "Grace, do you have any idea what have you done, any idea. Here you are smiling . You know that the repoters are flanking our name. Its there on each and every channel. Luckily Marshalls are already talking to them to take down the news. After all that you have down"

I ponder upon for a moment and then release a sigh that the matter has been handled. " Do you think the problem is over, the newspapers are printed and are going out like fire." Sean said.I look over the cover page and think that it is not that bad, people will think of it as a fight or some small scandal. My father might take care of that. I again look at Sean and before I could speak he spoke maybe getting what I was thinking," That is not all." He says and points at something.

Do you not see or your eyes are getting older and tired just like your brain which is barely funcyional.

Ughhhh when are you goin to leave me alone, I just missed that part. There it was written "Every part of the wedding outbreak covered ....for details turn over to pages 5,6&7."
Double shit. I gulp and then turn over quickly going through the write up. It is quite detailed mhm. "Are you in your sense, quite detailed, quite detailed is what you say." My mom snaps and starts pacing around. "Mom please stop pacing around. I am sure dad has stopped the publishing of newspaper already. I will also check through it. Can we not talk about this."

"Grace, darling we know what you did was for Vanessa and we all wanted to know the truth. But waht you did, the way you did was not what any one of us had in mind." Aunt spoke. "You are sugar coating it Viki, what she did was abaolutely unacceptable and not what a Benett should have done. You are going to talk to Marshalls, set up a meeting to clear everything and then we will handle the media. Is that clear? " still pacing around mom continued.

I was about to deny when mother said again if I must add, "  is that clear?" I just nodded my head and said " mom stop pacing around and please dont repeat things twice. I can hear them clear at the first go.". I quietly started  eating my breakfast before she could continue and was about to leave to dress appropriate when uncle Blake called me from behind. " Look Gracy I know how much you care about Vanessa, I am proud of you but your dad cannot stand any disrespect to Bennet's name. You know how much he cares about it. Please clear things out soon. Before you go to them check on Vanessa she might need you." The poison that dripped from the word "them" is quite chilly.

I nod ,"I understand. I'll make sure this shit is over soon. Dont worry." I head out, after getting changed, to Violets place where Ness is staying.

I am gonna leave it at that. Plz comment and tell how do you like Grace. I was thinking of next chapter as a little introduction of Neon Marshall how does the idea sound?
Thank you for reading🙂