19.1 The One That Got Away

First of all, thank you kaleluc for always helping me get over "overthinking" things! She also helped me with this one! If you have time, persuade her to write her own story? Sobrang tamad niya nowadays, I swear. Love you tho, haha mwa!

Author's note: One-shot people, I'm back! Tbh I'm quite happy making this specific story, dahil I actually had the time to plot it and think, ya girl is free and shit lmao. Here's a little story for you all. It's long tho, you might want to sit this one out.

PS: I don't have time to grammatically check this, so just let me pass kk? Hahaha

Happy read, lovelies!

Warning: Fluff and angst coming! You know the drill!

++++++

Summer after high school when we first met

We'd make out in your Mustang to Radiohead

And on my 18th birthday, we got matching tattoos

15 YEARS AGO (2015)

MANILA, PHILIPPINES

Dennise was just chilling in her bedroom on a Friday night, she can't really do anything. What else could she be possibly be doing on a summer break? She'll start her 2nd year at Ateneo in two months from now and that also means two months of doing... just anything.

She swears her night couldn't be more boring as she sighed in frustration. But then she suddenly received a text from her best friend and schoolmate Laura.

Laura: Den! Wanna come hang? We're at THAT bar from art district. *wink*

Den: Ofcourse! Don't fool around without me. Be there in 30.

Denden quickly change for a night out and tried sneaking out of the house but then her personal maid caught her even before she stepped out of her bedroom.

"Miss Den?" she called out and Den slowly face her with an awkward smile.

"Please, po? Mababaliw ako dito. Kunwari di mo ko nakita." Sabi ni Den and the old maid just smiled at her and pointed on a cctv that was placed sa hallway ng bahay. "Okay." Den smiled at pumasok siya ulit sa bedroom niya at sinara ang pinto. When the lady turned around and walk her way, Denden slowly creep out of her room and tiptoed on her way to the parking. The old maid just smiled when she turned around, she knows her alaga and no one stopped her on doing things her own way, except her parents.

Den pulled her red camaro in the parking lot and drive her way out of the mansion. Denden's family owns the LazCorp, one of the biggest tech firm in the country, you can say that she's born and raised with a golden spoon in her mouth and that will also be an understatement.

The 20-year-old girl finally reached the bar and parked her car o a small lot just outside the small bar. She came in and met with her friends who are already sitting on the corner booth visibly drunk.

"Come on! You did not ask me to come here just to drive you all home!" Denden shouted at her friends when she seated next to a REALLY drunk Bea Tan. Bea hugged Den by her neck and kissed her cheeks.

"Thank you, Deeeeen!" Bea told Den while giggling.

"I'm still drinking," Den said and called the waitress and ordered herself 3 shots.

Den ended up drinking more than she should, Bea's passed out beside her and Laura fixing her make up in front of her. "Lau, its 3 am. We should go." Sabi ni Den and Laura looked at her.