2

Lunch rolls around and people are hungry. I scan the crowd for Parricida or  Chad but I can't find either of them. No problem, I will just wait for her cafeteria.
As I walk by, I hear people talking behind their hands while looking at me. "Did you hear about her boyfriend?" " She so stupid! She doesn't know what is going on!"
What are they talking about? What about Chad should I know? All these questions are running through my head. I go sit down close to the back to wait for Parricida and take out my lunch l. Where could she be? She's normally waiting for me by now. As I wait, I think about what the others have been saying in the hallways. Chad has been coming up with various reasons to not hang out. One time he says he was with his partner Milo doing the project but then the store would change to him having to help his mother with something. He's been doing this a lot the past few weeks. He's also become distant and cold, not wanting to talk to me. Why? He keeps  making moves on me making really sexual comments about my body. I tell him that I am not ready yet to cash my V-card just yet. He'd get all moody and not talk to me for the rest of the day. The bell rings, bringing me out of my thoughts. I get up to head to Biology. As I pass the janitor's closet I hear moans. Wierd. I brush it off , I have a class to get to.
The teacher is absent, the flu. The school is still open in the middle of a flu season and some idiot parents are refusing to vaccinate their children. Some of the desks are empty around me. Indicating that the teacher is not the only one who is effected. The substitute teacher starts the class like clockwork.