Prologue

''Who was that?'' I was staring at Andrew when he just finished talking to someone lately while smiling at the phone. It was almost three days before we hangout then there's this thing his always been talking about that I don't even understand because reading isn't actually my fave. What a waste of time I spend with this bastard.

''It was Savana, cupcake. She keeps on calling me about-''

''Forget it, were done.'' I picked my hoodie which was in the side of the sofa where I'm sitting at. I don't really tag along with Andrew. After all, his a busy man and does'nt bother to mind me sitting in his couch nothing to do, then just scroll down and up my instagram account.

''Wait, that's it?" He said while giving me a confused face. He was still wearing his tuxedo and a red necktie that suits him well. Andrew is rich. He owns his own Publishing Company which was given by his dad when he was still fourteen it is because he loves to write novels and weird books and stuff. He also owns three sports cars which were given by his cousin's. The sad part is that he is actually not my type. I mean, from the photos I saw in his album he was quite wearing glasses since grade and high school. And I definitely disgust nerds.

I marched towards the main door so that I could escape his house. I run to the staircase while holding my backpack. The maids were looking at me with shock because of the thing I said lately. News-monger people, jeez. What's wrong with them?

''Nathalia,wait!'' I quickly opened the door of my car then throw my backpack as well as my hoodie at the backseat. my feet hurts badly enough that I couldn't walk because of the pain. Oh, damn it!

''Nathalia, open the door right now!'' I can sense that his really mad and persistent about me. I meet Andrew at the club, then there's this adorable bitch like friend of mine trying to set me into a blind date with him.

I roll my eyes at him then give him an intense stare and raise my middle fings. I pull out the engine of my car in order to escape his place. right after that epic scene, I was driving into the woods which is so peaceful to see. I love nature, I really do. One time when mom was still alive, the three of us would go picnic together then set up tents and stay there for almost two days. My parent's are actually fond of plants and so do I. but I more likely prefer trees because it gives the whole of me. I crave names outside it skin then put a date on it so I could remember what memories I had with that day. I usually climb trees when I was fourteen just to see the entire city here in Los Angles it's because I have my favorite tree which my mom ingraved my nickname on it.

Elaine.

As I was driving my car in the middle of the woods which is my only way to get back in my house, Siri messaged me.

''where are you? your dad wants to talk to you. Don't be late, It's important.''

What it is now? Urgh. I boost the speed of my car then laugh because of it's max. I really would miss my teenage days, I really hope I could just be like this forever. But I guess not? Serephina is my best friend who stays with me. Her parents are both dead because of an accident that had happened when we were still seven years old, she is actually the most lady-ly looking person I know. She likes to wear dresses, formal shoes with a matching cute purse's. She also tells me to dress up like a real lady but my style isn't like that, I'm more of a funky style. I wear rip skinny jeans with a thick mascara on then with a red lips like an emogirl. My friend's would tell me that boy's would like me better because it looks more sexier than anyone thinks it is.

I parked my car at the side of a tree where mom and dad planted when they were still married. The rays of sun hits my skin and unfortunately it's really hot. It's like I'm living beneath hell if you would ask. Once I opened the door and locked it back, I saw Siri and Dad talking at the dinning area. I can sense that this talk might be a great news cause I can see that Siri is smiling to widely.

"Sup?" I said directly to them while putting my hoodie at the couch then took off my killer shoes which sucks cause It had been like glued in my feet for like almost a year.
Dad and Siri looked at me then smiled since they saw me coming. Then they both look into each other while smiling. Okay now, they look like psychopaths.

"You tell her, dad."

"Uhh,so okay." He made a deep breath then clears his throat so that he could talk to me comfortably.

"I actually got hired for the position of Management Secretary in Botanical Engineering Department that I was talking about." My thoughts got scrabbled then I look into the details that Dad told me. Wait.. He got in?!

"You got in?!" I screamed at him with happiness and my mouth were partly opened. He gave a nod as a response.

"After nine years of hard work dad, you really did passed. I'm proud of you." I offered him a welcoming hug. Mom and Dad really wanted that position because they always loved plants. When mom was still alive three years ago, she would always go with Dad or even they both would apply for a work that suits their hobbies and likes. Now, He finally has it.

"Okay that's it,Elaine. Pack your things cause we are ready to go." Siri said as I was still silently hugging dad.

"Wait.. what?" I stand straightly then got confused.

"We are leaving for New York,darling." My eyes starts to widen then give them a frightening look.

"No way." I can't leave this place?!