Prologue

"They are coming!!!"
"Set them right here." He puts us down in a box in an abandoned building.
"Mom, Dad, when will you come back?"

          They turned to face my sister and I. The look in their eyes. The one face I will never forget, calm, yet filled with fear and sadness. The sound in the background. Very quiet, yet alarming.

"Zatara, take care of your sister. You know what will happen if you don't."
At that, they fled the place. That's the last time I ever saw them.

At the time, I was only ten and my sister was four and it's been a year since we last saw them. I know something my sister doesn't know.  After the guy from the future talked to the scientist, the scientist became greedy and he wanted to change the world for himself. For his purposes. He came up with a proposal. He puts microchips to all newborn babies and in turn full health insurance and $5500 pension per month for life. A lot of parents accepted that but not mine. 

Since my parents decided not tell the government that we exist, we became endangered. When they found out that we exist but don't have microchips they were going to kidnap us and put microchips in us. The only thing is, the microchips alter our DNA and hurt us from the inside. The only person who doesn't get affected is the person who has the power to change the world with just literal imagination.

"Zatara, I'm hungry."
"Ok, close your eyes and imagine what you want to eat right now on my hands"
"I want Mom's famous spaghetti and meatballs ready with extra cheese."

While she is saying those words, bright light appears in front of me and a gush of wind slaps me in the face. My sister is floating in the air with her feet crossed and her long and wavy black hair is flying alongside the wondering lights around her.
Then, everything stops.

"Open your eyes."
"Wow Zatara where did you get this? We haven't seen Mom in forever."
"I got it from the vast seas of the pacific. All the pirates were trying to get me and your spaghetti. But alas they had another thing coming. I was swinging my sword to protect your spaghetti. I made my grand escape by swinging on the rope that held their sails on to my ship and set sailed here."
"Wow!!! Zatara you are my hero. Thank you."

My sister is the person the scientist is looking for. My parents have microchips in them and the scientist can track them. That's why my parents left us. My parents told me not to tell my sister what's happening to her until we either get caught or until she turns five.

She turns five in a week. Every day I have to make up a story to keep it from her. And now I don't know how to tell her.