Chapter 4

A groggy sound escapes my lips as my eyes slightly open and are greeted by light. My arms fly up to stretch out of my sleepy state.

I sit up on the bed I was laying on letting my eyes adjust to the things around me. When the slanting of the room and white cream color walls bring their familiarity I realize I was in my upstairs apartment bedroom.

A heavy sigh escapes my mouth as I slide my legs over the edge of the bed. I get up and walk over toward the chest of drawers in search of some clothes. When my outfit is gathered on the top of the set of drawers I reach down to the hem of my shirt and start to pull it up.

"Waoh! HOLD UP!" A shout erupts through the room making me jump around to face it in terror. I just happen to freeze with my shirt lifted nearly halfway up my stomach.

"HOLY DIANA! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" I yell when I recognize the intruder standing at the entrance of my bedroom. I hold back from yelling again when my memory of last night suddenly rushes back. Yanjun's distant figure on the edge of the shadows become the last thing I remember from what happened last night. "You brought me home?" I inquire as I let go of my shirt and let it fall back down.

"Yes..."

"Why are you still here?" I look him up and down suspiciously. He pauses as if to think about his next words.

"I had my reasons," he mumbles back. "Just come down when you are done," he commands and before I could say something back he spins around and shoots down the stairs.

Full of puzzlement and frustration I turn back toward my chest of drawers and finish changing clothes. When done I head down the stairs but before catching up with Yanjun, who I assume is in the kitchen slash dining area, I make a stop in the bathroom to do my morning routine.

When I am done I head into the kitchen area. The second I make the turn around the corner I am greeted with the smell of bacon and eggs. Yanjun stands by the small dining of a table and was patiently waiting.

"Did you cook this?" I ask as I walk up to the table.

"No I bought it," he mouths as he pulls back a chair motioning me to sit. I gladly obey realizing I was more hungry than I thought I was. "Yes, I cooked it. Also, I picked up somethings around your house that should make it easier to walk around in now," he says as he too slides into a chair on the other side. I look past him into what I could see of the living room to in fact see it completely clean of my spontaneous creation of clutter.

'I didn't think there was anything wrong, to begin with.'

I take a bite of a biscuit as I think about how even in a mess I still did not have a problem with finding anything that I needed.

"Also you hit the pavement pretty harshly. You hit your head incredibly hard and had a few scratches due to the position you fell in," His words bring me back to reality causing me to look over my arms and legs as he speaks. "You won't find anything, Crab cakes. You can thank my ability for that," he gloats as he grabs one of my white porcelain cups and takes a sip.

"I wasn't planning on it," my eyes widen the second I realize the words didn't run through my mind. "Oh! Did I say that out loud?" I bite into a piece of bread awkwardly. I really hadn't meant to say that out loud. "Thank you," I mumble embarrassed in between bites.

"It's the weekend. Why don't we do something?" He quickly suggests changing the subject.

"We?" One of my eyebrows rises at the choice of the word implying us both.