so important to me (1)

It all started in 5th grade.

I was on the play ground with my best friend Jared Klienman, we were on the monkey bars, and that's when I fell.

I fell off and I felt Jared's hand lace in mine quickly as he pulled me up to my feet.

"Are you okay?" Jared panicked.

"I'm fine," I laughed.

Jared and I have been best friends since we were in kindergarten. I remember the day we met so specifically. We were sat next to each other, he wore a black shirt and plaid pants and I wore a blue polo and khakis. Jared looked at me and smiled.

"I'm jared," he said.

"Evan," I said softly. I was so afraid to talk to him.

All that went through my brain right before I heard the whistle go off, telling us it was the end of recess.

"I bet I can beat you to the door!" I said.

"Never," Jared laughed.

We started running as fast as we could and that's when I rammed into a girl.

I didn't know her name, but she had long brown hair, and wore a pink dress.

"Dude!" She yelled.

We were both on the ground, bloods coming out of our skin because we fell so hard.

"Evan!" Jared yelled running back to me.

"I'm fine, let's go to the nurse," I said while getting up and leaving the girl behind.

Little did I know that girl would be so important to me.

Jared and I went to the nurse and about five minutes later the girl came in.

"Do you have a pass?" The nurse asked the girl in the pink dress. The girl took out a orange piece of paper covered in blood.

I looked at the girls hands while putting on my bandaid and her hands were all red. Her knees were too.

I looked her up and down and then left the nurses office.

Jared and I went back to class. And I didn't see that girl for a week.

I felt bad, but I didn't know how to apologize. I was so anxious. So I never said anything to her.

If you can't tell this is the past. This was 5th grade. If a chapter is written like this it's in the present. If a chapter is written like this its the past.