Chapter 1: The Plan

Present day:15 June 2019

Ashu's P.O.V.

"Ashu?" I heard a voice coming from far away. I groaned and shifted myself into a more comfortable position.

"Ashu!?" The sudden high pitched voice made me jump. I pushed the denim jacket from my face. I rubbed my eyes and opened my lids slowly.

"Dad,what's wrong with you? You could have awaken your son more lovingly" I rested my head on the headrest and turned toward the right,facing him.

The ray of sunlight seemed to kiss his small greyish blue eyes that were lively, warm, and sparkled with bliss when he smiled. He had his dark brown hair flipped back and his white dress shirt tucked in. Needless to say he was a well-built man. The sleeves embracing his arm,forming the shapes of those biceps flawlessly. Even in his mid 40s with very faint wrinkles,he had a sharp jawline that could cut your finger.

His deep voice seemed to captivate your attention when he spoke.

"Oh yeah? You spend the whole night drooling over models and in this 30 minutes drive,you dream about them" one could say he was feeling amused by teasing me." What happened in yesterday Miss India contest?"

"Miss Rajasthan,Suman Rao became Miss India 2019" I added "She is an all rounder and she is a chattered accountant"

"Learn from her" he smirked.

I looked at him with a blank expression "Dad,I have to wake up at night like an owl to study their make-up if I wanna become a make-up artist"

He brushed his fingers over his hair "you know when I was your age,girls died for me"

I snorted "and mom lived for you" I said,trying my best to hide my chuckle."she told me you guys met through high school"

"You kno-" he was interrupted by someone knocking on the window.

"Hello Mr Mehta" she was my institutor,Ms Bianca "The director of the school wants to talk to you,so could you please come along"

"Oh sure" he smiled.He looked back at me "now young man,your class will be starting soon"

I nodded and grabbed my bag and head out "bye dad".

I stood in front of the Orane Beauty and Fashion Institute.I worked hard to get here.I wonder what will the director say to him.Will I be rusticated? My hands shook in nervousness.I shook my head and went directly to the class.

I couldn't focus on what the teacher was saying. My mind raced the images of my dad and the director talking. Out of a sudden,my phone vibrated. I fished out the device from my bag and saw Upasana had texted me.

*Texts*

"

At resto,Delhi darbar.6 pm"

"Ok!I'll b there"

*Ends text*

_

The rest of the day went by painfully.At around 5,I left the institute and directly went to Delhi Darbar. It was about six p.m when I was in the restaurant. My eyes scanned through the tables but never found the people I was looking for. A waiter approached me.

"How can I help you, sir?" asked the waiter.

"Yup,I have a reservation here by the name of Miss Upasana,"I replied half smiling.