Chapter 1: Summer

Aqua.
It's finally summer. School was quite the drag and am glad it's done. I've had the worst junior year and I think I really deserve a break. I'm Aqua Brownley. Your average seventeen year old girl. I have gray eyes just like my dad and long wavy caramel hair .Some people call me pretty but those people are usually my step mom Kennie and my dad so I don't think that counts. You are probably wondering what happened to my real mom. Well that's it exactly I don't know. My dad said my mom was a surfer he had ever seen among the few at the time. She would grace the waves with her skill. My dad worked at a small restaurant at the beach where surfers would hang out hence met my mom.

They dated for a while and then had me. My dad says I was the best surprise of his life. Even after my birthday my mom never stopped surfing .It was her passion. Her parents told her to stop but she wanted to win the Florida pro surf competition. Unfortunately, the day of the competition when my mom set out to the water these massive waves came. At  first she rode them like a pro but then it became to much and she succumbed to their force and she drowned.She tried to fight but it was useless.They tried to save her but it was too late.The power of the crashing waves just seemed to increase and it was too dangerous for any life guards to swim into it. My dad said he had never seen anything like it. Unfortunately none of the life guards had bay watch courage and that's how I lost my mom. The worst part is that they never found her body. She was gone for good. My dad told me they buried an empty casket. I was two at the time. So I don't remember anything. My dad was depressed for a couple of years until he met Kendall (Kennie). She was nice .It  took a while to warm up to her but I eventually did and I grew to love her.Soon enough my little brothers made there triumphant entry into the world. Joe and Jordan. They are okay . A tad bit annoying but okay.

That leads me to now our summer in Florida to remember mom's legacy and to have fun in the place where she died . Whopeee!.Note the sarcasm. Anyway I want answers as to why my mom's body was not found and we are going to the place where my questions will finally be answered.