Chapter 2 : The house.

Aqua
If there's a question I've been asked so many times that If I could get paid each time someone asks me it would be "Why are you called Aqua?" .In all honesty I don't know either. My eyes aren't blue, I don't like any water related sports and I most definitely don't like the colour.My dad says my name is Aqua because my mom loved the colour and she wanted me to have a really rare name unlike her name. She was apparently plain old Jessica. That's not what I saw though. From all the pictures, she was the most beautiful woman I've ever laid eyes on. She was tall, had fair skin, ocean blue eyes and long brown hair always cascaded on her shoulders. She was the epitome of beauty. Too bad I look more like my dad. Even the feet unfortunately. Anyway arriving in Florida made me realise that maybe just maybe there was more to her that I didn't know. There must be more than my dad let's out. "Aqua! Aqua! A!" " Yeah?" I replied. "We are here. Dad said you should help us get the
stuff from the trunk." Of course that's Joe. Otherwise known as the fairer twin. Joe and Jordan are not identical face wise but they are identical character wise. They act the same and it's so annoying sometimes. Anyway I helped them unload the trunk and I finally set my eyes on the house.

This was it for the next three months. It was a two storey house, not very far from the beach and it looked like no one had lived in it for the past fifteen years. It had a fading canary hue on the exterior. The front yard had some plants that had withered due to lack of care I guess. Just as we were all analysing the house with different expressions as dad and Kennie were happy and the twins excited and I was holding my usual bored expression. You would expect a girl with a name like Aqua to be all bubbly but nope. What you see is not what you get. The front door suddenly burst open making us all jump. A middle age blonde haired woman came out and hugged my dad and Kennie. And then she set her eyes on me. She engulfed me in a bone crashing hug as the twist stared at us awkwardly. I know I'm thinking the same guys what's wrong with her. She told me how she was mom's best friend and is so proud of me having grown this big. Of course she gave the twins a bone crushing hug as well and I gave Joe my signature evil smirk.

She ushered us into the house. She told us how she had been cleaning it up all morning. I could barely remember the house but there were plenty of embarrassing photos of baby me on the wall and boy were the twins enjoying snickering at them. She showed me to my former room which now had a queen sized bed in the middle,  and cupboard in the corner along with a vanity table. Aside that ,it was pretty empty . I made myself at home and realised the window had an amazing view of the beach. I decided to take a nap. I  couldn't help but think that in some alternate universe I could still have my mom and she would be excited to be back. Or maybe we wouldn't have moved at all. I missed her deeply and with this trip to Florida it just got worse. I wondered if some sea creature ate her body or something.  Or if she's an angel watching over me. It hurt knowing I'm back to the place where she left me. As the depressing thoughts piled up I drifted into a not so peaceful sleep.