Chapter 1

Grrgh. . . Grrgh. . . Grrgh. . . the alarm rang incessantly to portend the rallying cry of the rising sun in the skies, beams of light rays could be indubitably seen within the skies as it shone gloriously on the city of Port-Harcourt, the capital and the largest metropolis of Rivers state, Nigeria; outlying along the bonny river and located within the Niger Delta with an estimated population of 1,865,000 million inhabitants.

The alarm rang for an umpteenth time before being put to a break by the hand of an intruding figure laying willy-nilly on the mouka legend 6 x6 ft foam which occupied a reasonable amount of the room considering its size.

Chukwuemeka's Idoha POV

I could tell the time was already 6am otherwise my most trusted and amicable companion wont have disturbed my little slumber considering the fact I was up all night. Its Monday again, I groaned loudly as I heard inconspicuous foot-falls from the walkway leading to my room door.

'Emeka'. My Mother, Mrs. Cecilia Idoha who was a beauty even in her late forties called out. I had gotten used to her coming over every morning to prepare me for School, It was one of my many privileges of being the last product from my Mum and Dad marital responsibility.

''Emeka !!'' My mum blurted out again rather loudly jolting me out from my thoughts.

''I'm coming, Mum''. I replied her as I yawned

''Get down here your Dad would soon be down for breakfast and he wouldn't like to see you unprepared for School''.

''Okay, MA''.

I rushed out from my bed as I picked my antiquated bedside alarm which had fallen off in my haste to get down from my comfort chamber.

15 MINS LATER

I was done and ready to get dressed for School when I remembered I was yet to forward the assignment to Solomon via mail. I had just 72 seconds before my Dad would be down for breakfast; well, I had calculated the time my Dad showers, cleans up, dresses and gets down for breakfast. He was a no-brainer when it came to fulfilling his daily routine which suited his stern approach to discipline and we made a mental note to avoid him well enough within the house.

I logged into my mail, copied the assignment and forwarded it to Solomon, got dressed. I made a searching look at the my wristwatch and I was just in time before my Elder sis walked in on me.

Priscillia Idoha: ''Mum's done in the kitchen and Dad just left his study, He's on his way down already''

''Thanks Sis''

''Well you needed the heads up so you could add some speed on your legs, young man''.

I really had wonderful siblings and I really valued my sis more, she's a nutcase though. I ran to my drawer to pull out my diary and penned ''ITS MONDAY AGAIN'' as was my traditional everyday and left my room to meet my Dad downstairs.