The Past (2)

Only screams and cries could be heard. Blood was everywhere. Servants were running from here to there with a bucket full of water in their hands. Towels and clothes literally covered the floor. Chaos.

"My Lady, please push!! Breath in and out then push!!"

Victoria was a mess. She didn't catch a word that came out of the Midwife's mouth. The intense cramps she felt drove her insane. As if multiple bones of her body were cracking into pieces. She shouted as loud as she could, grabbing the sheets so hard with tears streaming down her face.

"I CAAAAAAAAN'T, I CAAAAAN'T, I CAN'T, I CAAAAAAHHHHHH, ERIIIIIC ERICCCCCAAAIIIIIHHHH"

"MY LADY, I KNOW IT'S HARD BUT PLEASE COOPERATE WITH ME! IT'S GONNA END SOONER IF YOU PUSH! PUSH HARDER!!" The Midewife pressed her hand on Victoria's belly.

To say she was shocked was an understatement.

What?! This can't be. How come this happened?

During these 9 month's, she never detected any signs or symptoms of it. She always made sure to check on her Lady regularly, nothing was abnormal.

The Midwife was an experienced one that could even pass as a doctor, so there was no doubt in her skills. That was her first time witnessing something that weird.

She panicked. She knew Victoria's condition well enough. Her body couldn't handle that much pain for another hour, let alone giving birth to twins. There was only one way or else death awaited the three.

"Someone bring me a knife. Big and sharp. Make it quick!" The Maids were taken aback by her words.

What the hell.

"If you don't want them to die then bring me a freaking knife, there's no time to waste y'all hear me??" She said angrily.

One of the Maids immediately charged out to bring it.

Victoria on the other hand was out of energy. She wanted to give up. That was already more than she could take. Everything she did would be in vain right? The dream of being a mother and raising many kids would never become true. 

The little hope inside her heart began to vanish. She lost. I guess that was her fate. No one could fight against the destiny. She tried and it backfired. Her vision became blurred. Dizziness started to occupy her head. The next thing she knew, everything was black.

"Oh my god...WHERE'S THE KNIFE!!" Just when the Midwife wanted to search for something similar to a knife, the Maid finally came and handed her. Without hesitation she began to cut Victoria's stomach.

Everybody looked away. They couldn't bear to watch such a horrific scene. Some even wanted to puke. Most of them were never really present in a houselabor, but they knew for sure that cutting was very uncommon.

They needed the right tools and a doctor in order to do it or it can be risky. Unfortunately Victoria couldn't go to the hospital and deliver like any other woman. Or else none of this would have happened.

The Midwife pulled out the first baby. She quickly gave it to the Maid next to her.

"A girl! She's a girl." She said while wrapping a towel around the child.

Everyone let out a happy laugh until they saw another one in the Midwife's arms.

"T-twins??" One of them asked.

Unlike the first baby who was crying and wobbling, this one didn't. It was also a girl. Her breathing was unsteady, her skin was pale and she seemed to be underweight.

"It's not the time to be shocked, she's very weak right now so take a special care of her and be cautious."

"I understand." A Maid from behind came forward and took the baby away from the Midwife.

"I'm gonna take good care of her, don't you worry." She said.

Both Maids got out of the chamber holding the twins in their hands. Some Servants went after them to be a helping hand and some began to clean the place.

The Midwife was stitching Victoria's stomach together. Victoria lost so much blood. She was pale as a ghost. Her skin was cold as ice. Her br-...

Oh no.

"SH-SHE SHE'S DEAD!!!!" A Maid exploded into the chamber screaming. "TH-TH-THE BABY...IS DEAD!!!!"

-------

This is short. I know but I'm gonna make it up to you in the next part. I'm gonna try to update tmr :) 💕