Chapter 1

I didn’t belong here. I felt completely out of place. I was just like everyone around me except they could all sing, I couldn’t. They were all here to win the X Factor, I wasn’t. They’d all made it to the boot camp stage of the competition, I hadn’t even tried.

I was only here because of my dad and his stupid new job. He was now working for the X Factor and as it was a pretty ‘24/7’ kind of job he had to constantly be here. This meant we’d moved from my old home in the countryside to live in London near to the studios. I’d left behind my home with all its memories, my friends, my extended family. Pretty much my whole life.

I made my way through the sea of people and out the back doors where fresh air hit me straight in the face. I walked down the steps and decided to take a seat and just sit out here for a bit. I looked around at the bad attempt of adding life to the back exit by placing poorly grown flower beds in odd places. To be honest it made it look worse. I looked up and around at all the buildings. No space. Just buildings. This was my new life for now. Just buildings. No space.

I was now living in the hotel, the Corinthia, for the next few months or so. This is the hotel that the X Factor finalists will be staying in. I sat and wondered what the final contestants will be like, whether I’ll get along with any of them or if I’ll just feel too out of place to even speak to them.