24/11/2014

24th shouted Pahalgam, as it embarked. We got strapped, so we encountered a strike & stone pelting in opposition of voting. Thus it compelled us to take an altered route. Though it took some 1:30hrs much but we overviewed the suburban sections of outer Srinagar near Sangham. Pahalgam, was basically been the lands of shepherds and meadows in prior days, but its breath taking beauty couldn't resist globetrotters to have a look. By the aisle of reaching, had a meet with Lidder's stream, flowing like a school going girl in hurry. After completing the documentations we have driven mere few km's only, where we bumped into a local party promotion and it seemed like oceans of people moving. After all finally after at least 45mins we finally were on a move. Pahalgam is situated at an altitude of 8990ft is a place of ultimate beauty. Mountains, river, city, market and pebbles, what one could dream more, but as we were running short on time, we headed for the famous Betab valley, which is labelled Betab as of the shooting of betab there. Not only betab ; movies like Jab tak hai jaan & few scenes of haider been filmed . betab valley gave shepherds, lidder, open fields, high white mountains and a rare view of baba Amarnath. Cyber shots been taken of nature, with nature but what's been moved to heart can't be described by electronic lenses. For few times I felt numb & dumbstruck and wrote thousands of lines untold, within the soul which I buried there and left Betab with a promise to get back again, may be in the meat suit or as a wandering soul. The 280 km hilly route made us restless and everyone returned to the timber boat with every bone cracking like the floor underneath. But Gustabha, Rizta(wazwa), Kashmiri biriyani, Roghan josh, Sammi kabab provoked us with extra fuel. We ate till its beyond neck. Sheep could taste this awesome we have not thought off.