four

"Give me one solid, and I mean solid, piece of evidence as to how One Direction is better than Girls' Generation." Eyebrows furrowed as she waited for an answer, Sooyoung's mean glare shot through Jungeun. Jungeun was laying on the floor of her bedroom, head propped up on a large plush bear's lap. Sooyoung sat on Jungeun's bed— she was laying down a minute ago, until Jungeun brought up that ridiculous remark about One Direction being better than Girls' Generation. The anger that flooded through her veins at that claim practically forced her to sit up straight and stare her down.

"I don't have to," Jungeun said, laughing. She picked at her nails, only looking back at Sooyoung every now and then. "The charts speak for themselves."

Sooyoung rose to her feet immediately upon hearing such things. "The last thing I'm going to do is accept this blasphemy!" she exclaimed. She intended to sound mean, but it ended up sounding more playful with her short giggle at the end. Jungeun looked up at her like she was crazy, but she had a fond smile on her face, one that made her eyes shine. "Does One Direction have Karma Butterfly in their discography?"

"No," Jungeun answered.

"Didn't think so," Sooyoung said. "And I conclude with that information!"

"Does Girls' Generation have Stockholm Syndrome in their discography though?" Jungeun asked.

"Well thankfully they do not," Sooyoung replied. "I'm so close to leaving this room right now, you don't understand." Her wide smile said otherwise, though. Jungeun moved her head completely in Sooyoung's direction to look up at her, an adorable smile adorning her already adorable face. Sooyoung had to resist the urge to pinch Jungeun's cheeks when they were so puffed up like that. Sooyoung looked into Jungeun's eyes. She saw the light reflecting in them, except she thought they were constellations, beautifully strung together, and she somehow got lucky enough to be able to privately admire them. It must be what heaven felt like.

"You wouldn't leave," Jungeun said, voice full of happiness and a smidge of cockiness. Sooyoung got onto her knees to sit beside Jungeun. She poked Jungeun's cheek and laughed a little.

"Watch me," she teased. Then, Jungeun grabbed onto her hand. Sooyoung couldn't stop the blush making its way onto her face if she tried.

"I don't want to," Jungeun said. "Think I'd rather have you stay here." Sooyoung made sure that her face was completely out of Jungeun's view, already feeling the jokes about it that Jungeun would soon start spewing. "Don't get all shy now..." she said, and Sooyoung could almost hear the pout on her face. Sooyoung gathered her breath and looked back at Jungeun.

"Fine... but only cause you're cute," Sooyoung said. Jungeun laughed at that, when suddenly, another's voice filled the scene.

"Hey, Jungeun—"

---

Jinsoul stopped in the doorway, face flushing in embarrassment immediately. If she could discreetly fan away the heat rising to her face, she would. "Oh— did I..." she began.

Instantly, Jungeun bounced up and shook her head. "No! Y-you're fine." All three girls were quiet for a few seconds, and Sooyoung's head whipped around. It was still weird between the three of them, as if some barely-there tension filled the room every time they were all around each other. It was like Jinsoul interrupted a moment. Jungeun looked at her in something like horror. Like she was caught doing something she shouldn't.

"Should I leave?" Jinsoul asked, pointing her thumb behind her.

"No, let's do our project," Jungeun said. She advanced toward Jinsoul. "Sooyoung, you can stay if you want. I'll be back." Jungeun walked past Jinsoul and slightly into the hallway, pausing to turn around, seeing how Jinsoul wasn't following. "I'll be in the kitchen when you have your data ready."