Prologue

Song suggestion: Lost Stars

Libra Yang, the heiress of the Yang name given from Fire emperor Sirius Yang. Where we live in a world where we elemental clans rule districts of the world. The powerless are whisked away from us and shunned. Being an in elemental family only to be inept results in disownment into a world that is of "your own."

We live on an island, separated from the powerless. Those who harness the fire spirit live around the burning equator, where the increased heat boosts the effectiveness of the energy produced. The Water Clan lives on the outskirts, namely the north of the island, as being near the shoreline is essential for their abilities. The calm Air manipulators live in the forest, surrounded by the peace of nature, giving them peace of mind. Finally, the Earth harnessers, who live in the high mountains of the world, surrounded by what they need.

Years before my arrival, before my parents were born, there was a war between the Clans and the plebians. In the Great War, the plebians were fed up with the maltreatment and rebelled. Their technology was no match for the warriors of each clan, namely the Fire clan. They fought long and hard against the master manipulators, utilizing all weapons they possessed. Secretly, they conjured unheard of magic and placed a curse upon Emperor Yang, that only my family knows. The eldest child is to hand his or her soulmate the Scarlett Rose, or it will set fire and, if not careful, will burn everything around it. If the Rose burns to ashes, the Yang family will be no more.

Now it's my turn to try to find my soulmate, but I'd instead learn more about the manipulation of the fire spirit. Thankfully this is a family secret, or I don't think I'd know who to trust. As much as I enjoy a challenge, I want to accomplish something at my time at the elemental school. I wish to show others that I'm not just a "princess" who needs saving by others. While I am a highly regarded pureblood, I'm not going to walk around with my nose in the air thinking I'm better than everyone else. I don't want to be a stereotypical elite; I aspire to show them I'm something more than my title.

I am Libra Yang, heiress to the Yang name.