1 ~ Pilot

Song Suggestion: Cinnamon - Hayley Williams

The pitch-black sky above me was missing something, stars. I studied the world around me, different from the humid nights I had known in my time in the Fire Clan. I hadn't realized my body was on the ground for a reason. My foot wasn't in place; I felt a searing pain around my ankle. 

"Ah shit, just my luck," I muttered under my breath. It hurt like hell, but I endured the pain and stood up, my hair stood on edge. An unsettling sensation rushed over my body as if I wasn't anticipated here. It felt.. wrong. A dark silhouette stood a few meters away, just glancing at it sent a shiver down my spine. Was it growing closer, or had it merely been there the entire time? My eyes tore away from the unusual figure and returned to my ankle. 

"You'll never be good enough; nobody wants to be your soulmate, you insolent brat." It hissed. I couldn't get up, and I couldn't fight it. The figure emerged into my clear view. I couldn't even face it anymore, for I was ashamed. It grabbed onto my foot, injured foot nonetheless, and I fought back with all my strength. No matter how much kicking, shrieking, or thrashing I did, it was useless. 

"Libra!" My maid Luna uttered worriedly. 

"Wh- what just happened?" I inquired, clearly having no clue why I was abruptly in my bed again. 

"You just had another nightmare. I think that's the third time this week alone. Are you anxious about Edenvos? I can't come with you there, so I hope you find someone who can deal with you." She rambled on worriedly. I began to giggle at her sudden outburst of maternal distress. At that moment, if looks could kill, I would positively be six feet under. While my mother had always been off doing work all day long and avoiding me still, Luna never hesitated to stand in for her.

"You know you need to head to the tour in about an hour, right? For Edenvos? Hurry up and get ready; I already placed some training robes as that was what they requested for you." Luna explained. She nodded in the direction of my wardrobe. I had many robes, all tailored to me and my preferences. I nearly fell out of bed, under the assumption that my foot was still twisted beneath me. 

After shooing the pesky yet lovable maid out, I glanced at my preferred training robes. The red and gold Yang roses embellished on the back, I thought about my shoe choice. The black combat boots with roses on them were my reliable pair. 

"Libra, you have 20 minutes to get downstairs; you're going with your cousins, remember? They're all coming here and you three will go on the sky train together." Luna's voice emanated from outside the door. I pushed the door open, revealing her kind smile as she accompanied me down the stairs to the dining room where my father was reading the newspaper he owned, "The Fire Times." On the other hand, my mother was greeting my cousins with a fake warm smile. Rei, from my mother's side, was an Air manipulator. Abel was a Fire manipulator like me; we were close for that reason. He was like an older brother, although he was only a few months older than me. Rei was like a little sister, but she wasn't as close since she was of a different Clan. We sat next to each other at the table and ate breakfast together in silence. 

"So are you dorks excited yet or what? I thought Libra went mute because she wasn't blabbering about how excited she was." Abel commented. I hit his shoulder and set the food on his fork on fire for a split second before instantly setting it out. His food burned, and Rei sighed in content with my actions. I smirked before us three went into our usual cousin banter, excited for the tour of Edenvos.