I Need Your Help

Ethan's POV:

As I walked down the dark halls with only my flashlight to help me see I suddenly get tackled by a large man.

"Shhhh shh shh shh shh. Don't say a word." The large man whisper with a husky voice.

We stay silent while two other security guards walk pass. The large man looked over to make sure they were gone then looked back at me and said,

"Woah, I'm surprised you actually stayed quiet. Do you perhaps hate your job or are you just pretending to be a security guard?"

I push him off me then look around.

"No I'm not a thief like you so I suggest you take your wannabe spy ass out before I do something you regret!"

"Bold. I like it but I'm pretty sure I'm way more capable of whatever you can do with that small pepper spray bottle sweetheart."

"Excuse me?"

Mark's pov:

"You heard me, anyway I'll be on my way! It was nice talking to you short-"

I look down to see I'm handcuffed.

"Aw that's cute but this isn't my first time getting out of hand-"

I do what I usually do but my hands are still together.

"-cuffs..."

"You're coming with me" the small security guard grabbed me by the arm and dragged me into an isolated room.

"Alright listen, I know what you want and I'm gonna help you but just know if anything goes wrong I'm leaving you behind."

"Wait what?" Why is a security guard helping a thief?

"Pay attention!"

Time skip!

After an hour or two he uncuffed me and we get on the move.

"So I have a question"

"What?"

"Why did you handcuff me?"

"So you wouldn't go off and do something dumb"

"Okay...and why are you helping me?"

"You said A question."

"This is the last one...maybe."

He stops, I didn't notice it but he led me to the parking lot out back.

"Get in the car."

"What?"

"Get. Your. Ass. In. The. Car."

I have never in my life been intimated by someone shorter than me but hey I guess there's a first for everything.

"Now to answer your question," he said while pulling out of the driveway.

"If I have to be 100% honest I have seen so many failed attempts by "most wanted thieves" and if I saw you literally the most wanted thief in America fail then I would have to do it myself but I'm not gonna take that risk yet."

"Wait...you know who I am?!"

"Nooooo! It's not like I'm a security guard for the government whose job is to know the most dangerous criminals."

"Right...and who are you?"

"For now call me agent gear or just gear for short."

-Chapter end.-
~464 words~