Prologue

Quick headcanons/warnings you should know before we start:

- This book WILL have triggering topics such as depression, suicide, and self-harm
- [Y/N] is 19
- Herobrine is almost 30, but is immortal and ageless so it doesn't matter
- The game's mode is Hardcore, so there's no respawning

--

Quietly walking along the dirt path she created through the forest, [Y/N] felt her legs getting more and more tired. She slumped against a tree once she reached the end of the oak woods and sat down, staring at the horizon.

It's been months since she has woken up here, so much so that the young girl had lost count. She sighed heavily, lifting up the blade of her iron sword and staring at it.

Her reflection stared back, a face full of emotion. Sarcasm. [Y/N] forgot how to feel, and her level of empathy for others has been dropping.

Were there even other people here to feel empathy for? That was the only thing she thought about for the first couple of weeks.

Now she just doesn't care.

The late teen, she believes she is at least 19 years old, got back up once the sun began to set. She scanned her surroundings, figuring that she should find shelter for the night. After all, there was no telling if she would be able to respawn or not. Something tells her she wouldn't.

Oh well, she started to head towards a small cave, which was more of a hole in the hill, and curled up in a corner.

[Y/N] slowly started to drift to sleep, clutching her sword and black messanger bag by her side like there was someone to protect them from.

Was there?