Victim.20

Janelle.

I had called Gemma when Harry was asleep. I hadn't had a bit of sleep, my anxiousness increasing every second. I didn't wake him up, aware that he is in very need of sleep. The dark circles surrounding his eyes reveal his sleepless nights.

I check on my father, too. I smile as I watch him sleep. No, it isn't creepy.

Gemma had agreed to come over to my place this afternoon. I want to know what happened with Ashton and Harry needs to tell her. He will sooner or later, so why not today?

I take a shower, taking longer than usual. The hot water relaxes my muscules and I start to wash my hair.

After my shower, I quickly slip on my sweats and leave my room. I'm surprised when I find him still sleeping. I almost want to wake him up, very aware that sleeping on the floor isn't the best thing, but I don't

want to interrupt his peaceful sleep.

I'm about to pour the hot water into the cup as a pair of warm arms wrap themselves around my waist. I jump and use my hand to cover my mouth, blocking the scream that was about to leave my mouth. "You scared me!"

He rests his head on my shoulder, his curls tickling my neck. I place my hands on top of his and turn my head to kiss his cheek. "Good morning." I say.

"Good morning, love."

"Sleep well?" I pour the water into the cup and place a teabag inside. I turn and wrap my arms around his waist this time. He hums in response. "I'm sorry about last night. I wasn't thinking straight. I'll pay for everything I broke." I sense the regret and sadness behind his words,making me want to pull him to my chest and hide him from the world.

"Don't worry about it, Harry. It's okay." I say and he opens his mouth to speak but I raise my hand to silence him. "Really."

"Is that for me?" I smile when a smirk is drawn on his chapped lips as he nods at the cup of tea.

"Nope." I tease him, my fingers running over his sides. He pouts and I hand him the mug. His lips curve into a smug smirk and I roll my eyes at him. "What do you want to do today?" He asked and sipped on the liquid.

"Um. I actually called Gemma." I say. I give him an assuring smile he furrows his eyebrows in confusion.

Harry's widen with realization and he opens his mouth to speak. "Oh no. No, no, no, no. This isn't happening, Jane." He shook his head. He placed the mug on the counter and crossed his arms against his chest. His mood had shifted and I can't help but feel bad. However, at the end, he'd have to tell her.

"She's going to find out anyway. You can't keep that away from her."

"Jane. No."

"You're being selfish, Harry! If you won't get any medication, at least let Gemma know. She'll be devastated when she finds out later when it's already too late. Come on, Harry. She's your sister."  

He groans and cover his face with his hands. "Goddamn." He swore.

I grab his hands and wrap mine around them. I raise our locked hands and leave a kiss on his knuckles. "Don't worry, Harry. I'll be here the entire time."

"Bow down, bitches! Queen G has arrived!" Gemma yelled with her hands in the air as I open the door for her. I laugh as we exchange hugs. She looks better. Happier? Maybe.

"How are you?" She sang and placed her bag on the table. She looks around, until her eyes land on a familiar pair of brown boots. "Harry's here?"

I smile when she calls him by his real name and nod. "We have to tell you something." I lead us into the living room, where Harry sits on yhe edge of the couch, fidgeting with fingers. "Hey, Gem."

"Wazzap." She leaned down and kissed his cheek. I sit next to Harry as Gemma takes a seat across of us. "What's wrong?" She asks when Harry and I stare at each other for a while before turning to her.

"Uhh-"

"You two are together, right? That's what you wanted to tell me?" She grins and claps her hands together.

"No, Gemma." Harry's voice is low as he speaks, sending shivers down my spine. I grab his hand and squeeze it.

I give him a small nod with a smile and he returns the gesture.

A deep breath left his lips before he spoke. "I have cancer again."

Gemma's eyes widen as her mouth hangs open. Harry uses his free hand and runs it through his long hair. Gemma's face is colorless. "Are you okay?" I ask her. She doesn't reply and stares at Harry.

I quickly leave the room to get her some water. When I return, I find Gemma hugging Harry, her face buried in his neck as she silently cries.

I lean on the dooframe and watch Harry comfort his older sister. I blink away my tears and manage to stay in my place.

A broken sob escaped Gemma's lips and I use my hand to stiffle mine. Harry doesn't cry. He just frowns, his mouth's ends pulled downwards.

"I'm sorry, Harry." Harry hugs his sister tighter to his chest and nods his head. "I'm sorry too, Gem."

"I have something to tell you." She uses her hand to wipe her tears and sighs loudly. I hand her the glass of water and she nods as thank you.

"You're the better Styles, Harry. You've always been the better Styles."

Authors note: emotional af doNT TOUCH ME