World explanation

Earth in 2050.

Climate change turned out to be a huge scam, rendering the climate argument useless for both meateaters and vegans. Yet both sides and the vegetarians stuck to their own, each becoming a sort of sub species.

Meateaters adapted longer canines and stronger jaws, becoming stronger. The vegetarians became skinnier and smaller as a result of no meat, but as they still consumed calcium it made their leg bones and therefore legs a lot longer, becoming faster. The vegans became small and paler but gained better hearing and eyesight. The meateaters were more witty and brave, the vegetarians friendly and bold, the vegans being proud and intelligent.

However, the young are not born this way and families can end up being mixed species. The young are still born human, but at the age of 11 are tested to find out their true species. They would go through three tests.

Test 1: vegan test- the student must destroy a vase of beautiful flowers in recognition of their destruction of plants and consume at least one petal 

Test 2: vegetarian test- the student must smash two *fertile* eggs in recognition of taking eggs from their mother hens and then proceed to eat a fried egg.

Test three: meateater test- the most challenging of all, even for the meateaters. The student must kill either a rabbit or a duck in recognition of their killing of animals, with their bare hands. No weapons.

Completion of only test one= vegan

Completion of test one and/or two= vegetarian or vegan depending on timing

Completion of all tests/two and above/test three= meateater

Once the student's species is decided they receive their badge. Either the purple meateater badge, yellow vegetarian badge or green vegan badge. The badges have high tech nano-technology that adjusts the wearer for their new diet.

Until their species is confirmed, the young may eat what they are given by family and/or what they prepare. Now that you know what you need to know... on with the story