Kalani Chapman

Hey, I'm Kalani and I'm 18 years old. My dad is Duane Lee Chapman, Dog Chapman's son. I don't like to follow the rules, I'm an alcoholic, and my parents are divorced. I live with my mom mostly. I hardly ever see my dad. My mom remarried and that brings the story to now.  It was a sunny Monday morning and I could hear my mom screaming at my step dad. Again.

There was always some sort of fighting going on in my house. My mom is kind of a hoarder and I don't like talking about it much. I got up still in the same clothes from last night. As I went downstairs, I heard them talking about me so I stopped and stayed where I was and listened in on their conversation.

"You called her father! Do you have any idea what you have just done?" My step dad yelled.

"Why do you care? She's not your kid!" My mom yelled back.

"It's not about her. It's about you and if her dad shows up and sees the house he'll get custody of her, arrest us, and get everything taken out if this house and you'll be left with nothing!" He tells her.

'Come on mom. Fight back.' I thought to myself.

"I... Oh my God. Your right. He will take her from us. Then we have no way to get drugs." My mom said as she calmed down.

"See, aren't I always right?" My step dad said.

I stopped listening after that. I was sick and tired them fighting and more importantly her giving into him. I need to get in contact with my dad but how. He probably doesn't even want to see me. I went back to my room, grabbed my phone, keys, purse and wallet and left without saying a word to my parent and step parent.